...Possibly! US military Arctic canteen/cup/carrier sets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Ponchos -

Wild thing - x2
Miyagi - x1
gsfgaz - x1
jacko1066 - x1
raskusdrotti x1

Arctic Canteen sets

raskusdrotti x1
Mike8472 x1
Twodogs x1
JohnC x1 please​

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Ponchos -

Wild thing - x2
Miyagi - x1
gsfgaz - x1
jacko1066 - x1
raskusdrotti x1
Claudiasboris x1

Arctic Canteen sets

raskusdrotti x1
Mike8472 x1
Twodogs x1
JohnC x1 please
Claudiasboris x1​

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Ponchos -

Wild thing - x2
Miyagi - x1
gsfgaz - x1
jacko1066 - x1
raskusdrotti x1
Claudiasboris x1

Arctic Canteen sets

raskusdrotti x1
Mike8472 x1
Twodogs x1
JohnC x1 please
Claudiasboris x1
Barethrills x 1

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Andy you are a gent, and if there is any excess baggage charge, I am happy to throw some extra money into the pot to cover you.

Drop me a message after you come back and I will get the money sent to you straight away.

Regards

Phill

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Andy are the ponchos the rubberised alpenflage ones.[/QUOTE

I have no idea! THey are the Swiss Army ones in new condition - that's all I know about them. For the price they looked a good bet. However, if you get one and don't like it, I'll refund the cash - can't say fairer than that!

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Andy you are a gent, and if there is any excess baggage charge, I am happy to throw some extra money into the pot to cover you.

Drop me a message after you come back and I will get the money sent to you straight away.

Regards

Phill

No worries Phil - price is the same regardless. Last time someone tried to charge me excess bagage, from Bishkek to London, they wanted £750!

Didn't get it though..............

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
I think I read somewhere that canteens designed for sub-zero use are commonly made small enough or flattish in shape so as to fit inside the clothing and hence avoid freezing ?

A note of warning , cold fluid in one of these will freeze eventually in minus temperatures i think the idea was to put in a warm/hot drink at the start of the day and this would cool during day but not freeze immediately.
also these are old kit now and the stoppers can be a bit brittle they can fracture/shatter if knocked.the stopper is push fit to avoid freezing up of thread.(like cork in swiss volcano flask bottle) other than this refinement im not really sure if they have any great advantage over steel thermos type flasks from elsewhereespecially one with a cork stopper if you can get one. correct me if im wrong -anyone who has used these in arctic conditions? ive only used mine in the uk at relatively mild sub zero conditions (degrees celsius)

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Andy are the ponchos the rubberised alpenflage ones.[/QUOTE

I have no idea! THey are the Swiss Army ones in new condition - that's all I know about them. For the price they looked a good bet. However, if you get one and don't like it, I'll refund the cash - can't say fairer than that!

ive got one already mate but i dont use it. was going to give it to Jacko and save him a fiver plus open up a space for someone else

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Dave Canterbury's somewhat excitable video on the arctic canteen. One thing he doesn't mention is that there are two parts to the top - the bung and the rubber bit it fits into and that provides protection for the lips from the metal. THe rubber bit apparently also comes out to aid cleaning etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciJopiu_YNo

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I intend to order tomorrow, and won't get more than necessary to meet orders. So last chance to get your name down!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE