Possible meet in Ayrshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Ok folks it's now

Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Gaillaine
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
Grooveski
Tripitaka

Looking very healthy indeed. I'm going over to the park tomorrow to try and fix a date and time with the rangers to discuss the possibility. I've had the idea that it would not be before April as there are some issues around grounds maintenance in March but if I can arrange for sometime in April will this be ok for folks?

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Another addition to the list

Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Gaillaine
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
Grooveski
Tripitaka
ScottForsythe

I'm looking at April for this, hope it suits but still have to speak with Head Ranger as he was'nt available when I went over but will contact him hopefully early next week.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Me too please... hopefully.. April can be awkward but in desperate need of a night out!

Cheers,

Alan

Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Gaillaine
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
Grooveski
Tripitaka
ScottForsythe
Chainsaw

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
OK folks, had a meeting today with the 2 head rangers and this meet is definately happening, all I need by the end of the week is to confirm with the ranger and it's sorted.
We can have a field to ourselves for those using tents, next to that is a good sized strip of woodland for the hammocks, we will have heated portacabin toilet facilities close by and several stand pipes dotted around for fresh water. The park rangers have agreed to do a flora & fauna walkabout for us for plant and animal ID for anyone interested, which will take maybe an hour on the Saturday most likely, or whenever suits us. Although they don't allow ground fires they are happy for us to use fire pans if anyone has one available, and are happy for us to erect a parachute, although there are no overhanging trees on the field to sling it from, so poles would have to be brought in, perhaps Morch or someone could possibly help there with the ones at his place? There is plenty of dead wood/fuel laying around in the woods but if anyone wanted to bring logs that would save a bit of humping wood about. Cars can be parked in the field beside us so no concerns of security problems. The park has some terrific woodland walks, ruins, and even a safe playground for kids, a visitor centre, a coarse fishing pond, and a cafeteria. There is a shopping centre about 5 minutes drive away should anyone run short of anything while we are there. There is also an event being staged by the park on a different date, and have invited us to put up a couple of displays, such as maybe fire lighting, maybe some leathercraft, something bushcrafty preferred if anyone is interested, it would also help us to get the message out of what we stand for and of good practice in the woods ie leave no trace.
Right now for the details
dates: available are the last 2 weekends in April so I need to know which is best for you folks in order to book. I really need to know by Thursday latest who is up for this and which dates are preferred so that I can confirm the booking on Friday.
Costs: working on the basis of 20 individuals as a starting point the cost per tent/hammock/person is £2.00 per day plus a collective cost for the toilet / water of £30 per day it would work out at roughly £7.00 per head for those attending for the 2 nights, ie arriving on the Friday and departing Sunday as per normal. We may well get a visit from them at some time as they were very keen to learn more about what we do, especially as I explained that we try to promote good practise when out and about in the countryside, it seems to link in with their aims.
They have asked us to put up a sign declaring who we are as a group for anyone passing so that the locals don't think they can just come in and set up camp without permission.
So now I need replies folks.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
This was the list at the last count

Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Gaillaine
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
Grooveski
Tripitaka
ScottForsythe
Chainsaw

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Ok folks how does the 17th / 18th / 19th of April sound to everybody? Can anyone not make it for then? Once I get the booking confirmed with the rangers then I'll sort out the little details with everyone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE