PCS Windproof Smock mod.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Statts

Nov 9, 2016
Tynemouth
www.forested.org.uk
12320e8c0d1a2c488ccaa3b5fc75d8f3.jpg

I've had an army surplus windproof smock for a while now and it's a great bit of kit I use regularly in the woods whilst delivering Forest School sessions.
It's stood up to lots of abuse and in itself is also pretty much waterproof (although I also use a surplus lightweight mvp jacket underneath if it's stotting down).
After one such soaking the fleece hand warmer pockets got damp and I thought I could do something about it. Ebay supplied two waterproof zips and a couple of hours with a needle and thread have the above result :)
Waterproof hand warmer pockets that can now also hold stuff without fear of it falling out!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Good job, the mod must of had the same idea as the new smocks issued have a zip in the same place each side. No mesh either.

Tonyuk

Statts

Nov 9, 2016
Tynemouth
www.forested.org.uk
Thanks Tonyuk, I'd heard that, but haven't seen any yet, must be too recent to be on eBay. Cheers Philster, quite easy one you get going, couple of watches on YouTube on how to do a running stitch et voila!

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Aye, ya canny beat having a couple fleece lined hand warmer pockets ;)

goodjob on ya handy work, look's neat and tidy.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Hard work always pays off, thanks for sharing. I got cuffs added to the inside of the sleeves which keep my wrists warm.

Reminds me of those who used to sew the tops of the old green socks to their combat jacket cuffs to make it more like a para smock haha, haven't seen that in ages.

Tonyuk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE