Parachutes for sale.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

Exeter surplus has some parachutes for sale olive green silk / nylon.

No paracord it's all been cut off.

about £29.00 but dont quote me.

Exeter Surplus are on Marsh Barton Industrial estate.

I was in their on Saturday buying a bivy bag and they had about 3 or 4.

Cheers

John

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Any idea what sort? The huge cargo ones are about at the moment, there is also quite a few French ones. Both have panels cut out or mesh panels.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I think they were 14 panel.

To be honest I wasnt taking that much notice as I was after a bivy bag.

Has to be worth a call if you are interested

regards

John

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
A slight aside from the original post I know :-? but how much were the bivvy bags going for - and were there any olive ones??

Thanks

Bob :-D

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

Not an aside at all.

They had the old style issue one which is a simple goretex cover with a drawcord on top, and fits me with loads to spare Im 6'3" used condition for £39.95 olive green no rips or tears at least 1 left .

olive green Dutch army one which is similar to the above but was £49.95

So it must be better in some way but I didnt look.

and a french army one which was woodland Cammo brand new Goretex for £89.00

I bought the british one and it kept me warm dry and toasty all saturday night in fernworthy forest on Dartmoor. Excellent bit of kit.

No OG bashas though.

Cheers

John

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
i saw some parachutes going foor £30 on the MOD sales site the other day, cant remember the url though

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Fernworthy - yuk, thats akin to Tolkiens Mirkwood :wink:Endicotts in Exeter Have OG Bashas, but StrikeForce seems to be the most reliable source.
Appart from the AUSCAM pattern material, what is the difference between the OG l/wiegth Basha and the £60 hootchie, in the piccys I've seen they look identical (size, loops, etc)??
Neil1

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Yuck Indeed, Still I managed to find a pleasntish spot not to far from a nice water course. Very peaceful. It's more like faghorn forrest I think.

Well didn't the old style Aussie basha used to be OG before it changed to Auscam???

I fancy making my own it'll still work out cheaper than the £60.00 the AUSCAM hoochie seems to command. Plus if its from sil nylon it'll probably be a bit lighter.

John

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
If you've got the making things bug do you want instructions for making a Thai Hammock (takes 45 minutes, you'll never sleep on the ground again). Its good kit, no need for a mosi-net, just it and a basha (and a therma-rest in this country) use it year-round, far less to go wrong than a Hennessy, Pod or Eco (expensive) System.
Neil1

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Seems popular!
Tony has suggested posting it as an article on the site, so I'll add a couple of diagrams and a photo and send it up as soon as possible.
Neil1

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Neil,
I'm not too bad with a needle and thread but I'm lucky enough to already have a Thai Hammock, a mate of mine got it for me when he went on SAS selection. It is very simple to use and was actually made by 'Dinger' of Bravo 2 Zero fame. Mine has half a squash ball threaded on each of the ties to stop creepy crawlies and water running down onto the main part of the hammock, simple but effective.

Brian

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
They seem popular with members of the regiment, mine came from the Jungle Warfare School in Brunei, the instructors use them in preference to the issue ones. I have made several copies of mine including a para-silk version.
Neil1

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Brians tip about the squash balls sounds interesting.

I used to tie string "drip tips" to mine - just a few wrappings of string tied around the the cords and with a couple of inches left to hang down loose. Any water running down the cords hits the strings and runs off before it gets into your hammock. You can do the same to the cords holding your bash up. In really heavy rain its amazing how much run off you can get from the cords alone.
If there are lots of nasties crawling about or if you have to tie on to an ant tree you can safely soak the string in insect repellant to stop the little buggers getting in too!

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE