Outer tent only

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
So possibly a really daft q bu....... ......

My tent has an outer and inner part that are separate from each other,has any just kipped in the outer part only?

Would be using a roll mat,strip of groundsheet roll mat length,bivvy bag and sleeping bag.

Would pack quite small and be quite light without the inner.

Kind of thought of this after seeing the lone wolf tents

Have I lost it?

Busyer

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Rather not spend anything

My tent is in the right,reminds me if a hooped bivvy

OOy3C2KmLbVf9wgaKVju4f6rlfzVW8BsKKrUktooG068LSlDtnNRWS5fs84Hd8PsdVzCty7S=w1912-h2542

Last edited:

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for the condensation tip,i can set it up with the porch pegged down with the door up which might help ventilation

John you have any problems camping this way.

Buster

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
A tent fly is a well-shaped tarp when all's said and done, eh? I've very rarely slept in a tent with the inner pitched, I just don't feel the need. I leave the doors open and all the vents, and prop up the bottom of the "solid" end
and I've never had a problem with condensation.

I've been using the fly that Colin links to in post #2 for nearly a year, and they're very good; plenty of room, and never been damp.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
3kg full tent,stuff sack,poles pegs
2kg outer pegs and poles
Pegs 526 grams
Poles 470 grams

Thought they would have been a bigger saving :(

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for the condensation tip,i can set it up with the porch pegged down with the door up which might help ventilation

John you have any problems camping this way.

Buster

I have given up tents (except on the rare "commercial site" camp - tarps only for me now ... a simplified fly sheet:)
Never a problem with just a fly but be wary of condensation issues if you do not have good air flow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE