opinions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Not sure if I read it right Mal - but it might be as waterproof inside as out which means you might have condensation problems in there!

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
For £15 quid you're unlikely to get anything much better. Any Brit Army used bag for that price is likely to be rough indeed. That aluminized inner looks interesting.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Kath said:
It does say 'rubberised on the outside' though ... :?:

That will still mean the fabric isn't breathable though Kath. It doesn't matter which side is rubberised it is impermeable either way.

For a few quid more you can get goretex on ebay. That is the way to go IMO.

Bill

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Paganwolf said:
if you rubberise a cotton bag on the outside will it still not hold water? :?: :wink:
Not if it had a whopping huge zip down the side of the cotton bag (unless it's a well protected, sealed zip)... I'm wondering if that aluminized lining makes in very warm inside and that helps pump the heat through the zip, taking some of the moisture with it.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
i've got a set of ex.mod waterproofs like this (OG but german it think) they may be good in arctic conditions where you can stay warm and moist, but in our temperate climate you sweat like mad and get wetter than you would if you didn't wear them, needless to say they are slung in the back of my landy incase i get stuck in mud :lol: they also have a zip down the front of the jacket but whats the use of a rubberized waterproof garment/bag if the zip lets in water, there usually plastic or tight tolerance zippers with a storm baffle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE