open canoeist/bushcrafters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chas

Feb 22, 2006
mid essex
Crazy Frog, I'll go padlin with yer, I'm an Essex boy where'r you? I'm also on SOTP but I'm OK, I only deal in cash, no cheques, no BS, I only use stuff that works.See you on the water. Chas.

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
Crazy Frog, I'll go padlin with yer, I'm an Essex boy where'r you? I'm also on SOTP but I'm OK, I only deal in cash, no cheques, no BS, I only use stuff that works.See you on the water. Chas.
I'm Benfleet, what part of mid essex are you from Chas.
I'm hoping to go up onto the River Chelmer for a wild food foray in the near future and maybe do a bit of fishing as well.

Grey Owl

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2006
Canada
voyagetothebay.cauc.ca
Well if the pond weren't so big it would be honour to take a little trip on the water with the likes of you folks. From the conversations that wander these pages, a campfire chat would be entertainment for anyone.

Canoeing is the activity of choice in our household, right down to our 8 month daughter who completed her first 6-day canoe trip this past August. So if you can handle the presence of an experienced child, drop us a line when you are ready for a Canadian adventure.

I'd post a photo of her sleeping peacefully in the canoe, but the method of attaching photos is beyond me at the moment!

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
I've have just sent an email to the guys that manages my local to see if it's possible for a group of canoeist/ bushcrafters to practise their skills along the river. would there be any interest here if I get a faverable responces.

There could be a meet if all go's well.

Stevcho

Nov 2, 2008
Bulgaria
www.bigshoescanoes.com
I live in Bulgaria and wondered if anyone wants to try some canoeing/kayaking and bushcraft over here.
There are NO restrictions here for wilderness travel and camping its PARADISE for anyone wanting take life easy.

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
I've have just sent an email to the guys that manages my local to see if it's possible for a group of canoeist/ bushcrafters to practise their skills along the river. would there be any interest here if I get a favorable responses.

There could be a meet if all go's well.

I have just email back & replied back with an email describing what I am hope to do on the river the guy which he may discuss with his manager so I have every thing crossed for a in favorable result (I hope).

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
I have just email back & replied back with an email describing what I am hope to do on the river the guy which he may discuss with his manager so I have every thing crossed for a in favorable result (I hope).

sadly due to legal restriction on navigation I was unable to gain the nessersary permition to run an bushcraft/fishing/camping event on my local river

but there's nothing to stop us from meeting up on the river for a few hours paddling so who's up for a paddle.

we can fish from our own open canoe in the conventional manor under EA rules with rod liecence & returning all fish live back to the river.

so we may be able to do a little bit of fishing to if anyone is up for that to.

I'm a beginner in both fields.
As yet I'm sans-canoe, but could always rent one for a meet if I've not bought or made one by then.

I'm up for a meet in principle, even though my usual preferred days and nights out and travel are alone or with my girlfriend (or a mate) rather than a large group - but I'd attend meets for the laugh, the knowledge exchange and so on.

EDIT
=-=-
I replied without seeing the posts on page 2.
I'm not interested in catch and release fishing in the slightest. I'd fish to eat, but that's different.
We really need to get this nonsense about navigation rights sorted out - the sooner we can paddle any river a canoe will pass along the better. Shame you couldn't sort anything out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE