North Yorkshire moor, bushcraft courses?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
One of the lads that comes to the youth drop in that i run has been trying to get a course sorted up in Yorkshire, its a place he visited as a kid and it holds a lot of good memory's for him. I've agreed to try and sort some funding out for him if he agrees to plan the course.

So far so good, apart from the fact we've no local knowledge, It'd be fine if it was in Bristol as I've got a good idea of who could help us round here.
The one company that looked like they might be able to help won't as they only work with under 18s

So my question is this, is there anyone who could run a course for 8 people (6 young people, two adults) over a long weekend this summer in Yorkshire,

Any help or suggestions gratefully received, better yet, if you run a course in the area and could help then please get in contact.

regards,
Rob

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Mike at Bushtruck might do something for you if there are adults accompanying the kids.

Drop him a line as I'm sure he's told me he's done similar things before.

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
He was the chap that told Ben that he couldn't help as he only does courses for over 18s:rolleyes::D

Thanks for the quick answer though Shewie.

regards,
Rob

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
Anything,s worth a look, but i think he's got a very definite idea of where he wants to go. We had a chat last night and I've said it might be easier to do it closer to home, but if i can help him achieve what he's after, then thats the best outcome.

regards,
Rob

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
been reading my "Bushcraft Magazine" and im sure i have seen in there that they will come to your location and train you at your camp for a "price".......

if you can raise funds that could be the way forward and if you having problems with the age thing try talking to the local scouts who will be qualified to take children in groups...........

some legal stuff can be a pain at times......

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
if Mike is only doing over 18 there are a few others in North Yorks - are you looking the Moors or the Dales?

I'd prefer the Dales (its always been somewhere I'd love to see) but Ben is pretty set on the Moors, and its his trip so i guess thats the priority.

If for any reason thats not possible then we'll have to work a way around it.

cheers,
Rob

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
I've had a look at these and I'll hopefully be able to sort something but any more suggestions would be great.

regards,
Rob

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Not seen these guys before Ed, have you heard anything about them ?

Never used them nor do I know anyone that has done the course however, it is a friend of a friend that has this company - he speaks highly of the guy running it. Given the amount and type of outdoor stuff my friend does the company should be pretty kosher - if I was in the market for a course I'd consider them.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There's such a big catchment area around these parts that they should do really well. There's not much else on offer once you get past Woodsmoke in the Lakes until you get up to Scotland.

I hope things work out for them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE