north wood meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi lindsey, fresh off the met' site

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:
Unsettled with sunny intervals and showers, and with some longer outbreaks of rain possible, especially on Saturday and perhaps later Sunday. Temperatures remaining below average and with brisk northeasterly winds.

Updated: 1549 on Wed 5 May 2010

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Hi ya all, just to let you know I am able to sort your requirements on the Rat pack issues, I also have some vegie ones to, if anyone wants them, also have the blow poker sorted and a few spares and cylumes or hexi and cookers if anyone wants them. Packed and sorted in garage and all I got to do is put in car and get up there. It does depend on what time I finish work on friday and what time I get home as to whether I'll be there friday or saturday morning but I am definately looking forward to it.

I'll take the vegy's if you like as extras please. Wife is a vegy!

PREPER........... :)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
yeah, hopefully. apart from the cost, Id be coming down in the evening to a place ive never been, so its probably not going to be easy.

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Hey all ,
I'm going to have to cry off , my brother has moved my nieces birthday party from the weekend after to this weekend and even though he didn't come to my kids parties ( not bitter ) I have to do the right thing . I may be able to pop along for Late Sat/Sunday morning to watch you all pack up , At least I'd get to see some people ( I'm sure the photo's don't do you justice ) but it's unlikely .
Anyway , This gives me more leverage for the RC meet so hopefully see you there .
Cheers , Trev .

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
right then so why is it that i have ended up bring a wooden wanigan a 120ltre rucksack
a 35litre barrel and a lanturn and a kelly kettle and a chair yet i was trying to be sparing with kit how does that work?

Yup I made a mistake the first time I went to Rough Close. I had enough kit to sink a tank up to it's axles and the advice was to bring the lot so I did.

I've got a rucksack, toolbox and a chair and that's me lot this time.

I have to say the truck boot is going to resemble the store room of Endicotts though.

:lmao:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
right then so why is it that i have ended up bring a wooden wanigan a 120ltre rucksack
a 35litre barrel and a lanturn and a kelly kettle and a chair yet i was trying to be sparing with kit how does that work?

You could always leave some gear in your car Drew ? Just bring the essentials in your bergen. I've been through this recently and if i don't use the kit twice in succesion it either stays in the wagon or stays at home and that's including the 'what if' scenario as well. It worked out i can get away with a 40ltr patrol pack with 2x 10ltr side pockets, all i carry then is chair and water container. Try it mate, it worked for me.:D

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
its all essential cos most of its communal ie parachut so barrel is needed then theres the chair cos well need that. then theres the dry bag full of food need that (Forgot that last time oops) then the wannigan has the cast ion cook set in it. aslo the foldaway barbie forgot that to form last time also then theres the spare clothes and what not so its only going to get bigger plus 120 ruck and a kelly and well anything else i can reqiure

drew

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
its all essential cos most of its communal ie parachut so barrel is needed then theres the chair cos well need that. then theres the dry bag full of food need that (Forgot that last time oops) then the wannigan has the cast ion cook set in it. aslo the foldaway barbie forgot that to form last time also then theres the spare clothes and what not so its only going to get bigger plus 120 ruck and a kelly and well anything else i can reqiure

drew

Put the parachute in a compression sack maybe ?
Spare clothes you could keep dry in a carrier bag in the car ?

as for the other gear i'd get a mule, lol:D

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
I was wondering what the Naughty Corner would be cooking up over the weekend and for some reason this came to mind:

Will it be chips or jacket spuds?
Will it be salad or frozen peas?
Will it be mushrooms?
Fried onion Rings?

You'll have to wait and see!

And if you wanna walk down memory lane check this out
http://www.classictvads.co.uk/homepage.html

The ad is on page 8 number 9

Enjoy

goodjob

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I was wondering what the Naughty Corner would be cooking up over the weekend and for some reason this came to mind:

Will it be chips or jacket spuds?
Will it be salad or frozen peas?
Will it be mushrooms?
Fried onion Rings?

You'll have to wait and see!

And if you wanna walk down memory lane check this out
http://www.classictvads.co.uk/homepage.html

The ad is on page 8 number 9

Enjoy

goodjob

Nice one mate, unfortunately i don't think there'll be a big cook up this time. Rat packs all round me thinks, lol.

I'm bringing a big cast iron pan if anyone wants to borrow it (after i've cooked me breakfast:rolleyes:) ideal if anyone wants to fry up or do a group bannock ? I can throw in a smaller one if there's a need, let me know before tonight.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice one mate, unfortunately i don't think there'll be a big cook up this time.

I've heard that before :rolleyes:

Right Gents, I'm going to do my normal recce of the area tomorrow morning and find a Replen centre (Tescos) with a posh dump facility. I shall be in the lay-by from noon-ish having a brew, might set up my tarp as well whilst I'm there:lmao:

Last edited:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I've heard that before :rolleyes:

Right Gents, I'm going to do my normal recce of the area tomorrow morning and find a Replen centre (Tescos) with a posh dump facility. I shall be in the lay-by from noon-ish having a brew, might set up my tarp as well whilst I'm there:lmao:

Mmmmm, you never know mate. :eek:

tramp, lol:red:

See you in the layby around 1500 onwards then mate. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE