north wood meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi all :) (continuing from 'possible new venue')

well i finally have some dates for our first meet at north wood, apart from being a bit too soon after the rough close meet the farmer still has a gas gun installed in the wood, and will have for a few weeks yet due to the plague of pigeons! so april is out.

the dates i have liased on are friday, saturday and sunday the 7th-8th and 9th of may.

as i mentioned in an earlier post, i have obtained permission to use a nearby toilet facility. we can also drive down to the wood to unload kit then park in the designated area, which incidentaly is where the standpipe is and the toilet block. all will become clear on arrival :D

im sure i shouldnt have to mention good housekeeping to you, but im going to anyway. :(
were here on trial so it really is a case of leaving no junk / firescars etc. the only thing we should leave is a good impression, this is a private site, a farmer who i know and who has trusted me. im going to be blunt here, anyone who jeopardises this goodwill will be asked to leave. individual fires are allowed off the ground, there is plenty of windfall and some standing (usual precautions apply) live wood is to be left untouched. under 18s to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, guests or minors will be the responsibility of the person who bought them, a small section on the approach to north wood is sssi, this will be marked and out of bounds as will a small area adjacent to it which is personal to the farmer. ok happy head back on! :)

fees are a reasonable £4 per head per night, access on friday is from 1700, for security reasons the electronic gates will be closed overnight (i will find out times) location is opposite the belfry golf club on the A4091, map ref' SP19038 95694 (see 'wheres the path' website) for those arriving early there is a large layby opposite the entrance, which is 'middleton house farm'.

well thats it for now, any questions just sing out :)

steve

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
oh and for those who havnt seen...:D

004.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

and one of two no go areas personal to the farmer

031.jpg

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Yes please, if I can't make it for some reason I'll let you know...

Woodspirits
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Twodogs
Jimbo75
Wayland
Cliv
Andy2112
Shewie (TBC)
Sasquatch

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Woodspirits
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Twodogs
Jimbo75
Wayland
Cliv
Andy2112
Shewie (TBC)
Sasquatch
Muddy Boots

I will check dates but would love to go.

many thanks

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Woodspirits
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Twodogs
Jimbo75
Wayland
Cliv
Andy2112
Shewie (TBC)
Sasquatch
Muddy Boots
Davey569

Not for deffinate yet as I have some work coming up. But Ill let you know. :)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Woodspirits
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Twodogs
Jimbo75
Wayland
Cliv
Andy2112
Shewie (TBC)
Sasquatch
Muddy Boots
Davey569
TinkyPete

Just checked work schedule and it looks like I will be able to make the Saturday and Sunday and if I am lucky friday night but still awaiting confirmation on that one. :)

Cheers Steve for sorting this place for out for a meet it looks outstanding :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
'cos it's easier to find :)
However, once the event is bye it will be unstickied.

I found it easier to do it this way when I organised the last big Scottish meet up. It just kept it obvious for a little while.

cheers,
M

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just been able to get online to get my name down for this

Woodspirits
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Twodogs
Jimbo75
Wayland
Cliv
Andy2112
Shewie (TBC)
Sasquatch
Muddy Boots
Davey569
TinkyPete
Mesquite

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The little wifey has just informed me that this particular weekend is her turn to go away line prancing so I'm going to have to bow out :(

Woodspirits
MartinK9
Nolightweight
Twodogs
Jimbo75
Wayland
Cliv
Andy2112
Shewie (TBC)
Sasquatch
Muddy Boots
Davey569
TinkyPete
mclark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE