North wood february 25-27 to coincide with the outdoor leasure show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Gents. Lest we forget that the farmer is lending us gear to get a job done as a gesture of good will between both parties.

Pretty sure he wouldn't be too chuffed if said kit was returned bust, used irresponsibly, or his woodland tazzed up like a race track and looking like a bunch of loggers had been through.

Let's also just screw the nut a bit on a public forum, eh? We'll get the plans made once people are on site and go from there.

Cheers.

NLW.

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Gents. Lest we forget that the farmer is lending us gear to get a job done as a gesture of good will between both parties.

Pretty sure he wouldn't be too chuffed if said kit was returned bust, used irresponsibly, or his woodland tazzed up like a race track and looking like a bunch of loggers had been through.

Let's also just screw the nut a bit on a public forum, eh? We'll get the plans made once people are on site and go from there.

Cheers.

NLW.

Aye Aye Cap'n
salute_smiley.gif

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
chris, your legs are cut and packed ready for friday :)

i've got various lengths/widths/materials of tube that can be used for blow pokers if anyone is interested in some low value swapsies.

I'd be interested in one of those blow pokers but being a newbie I haven't really got loads of surplus kit so I'll have to try to come up with something :confused:

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
I'd be interested in one of those blow pokers but being a newbie I haven't really got loads of surplus kit so I'll have to try to come up with something :confused:

don't worry too much about something to swap lads. they cost me very little so i would be happy to bank future good will. think i have five in various lengths etc

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
woodspirits
MartinK9 - Punkah Wallah - ( both days )
septicben - (Sat )
shaggystu - ( Sat )
shaggystu 's SWMBO - Quad/Trailer (Sat )
MJM1 ( Mike) ( Anytime )
SimonD - anything / anytime
NLW - what ever , when ever , baby
Karl 82 anything anytime .
Addo - Chainsaw , Felling etc
cwillson (Chris ) - Fri/ Sat
sasquatch
Andy2112 ( Friday or Sat or both , but i really
want have a go on the quad as i never got the
chance at SV )
Muddy Boots - What ever you need baby .
Snarf - Put me down for quad bike duties, have
had a fair bit of time on quads
tank - sat (chainsaw/ anything)
Preper (Sat - Labourer/Grunt/Skivy!)

I just packed my 89p "delux thorn resistant pruning & Heavy task gloves". I need to get my money's worth out of them! So count me in...........

Last edited:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
woodspirits
MartinK9 - Punkah Wallah - (both days)
septicben - (Sat)
shaggystu - (Sat)
shaggystu's SWMBO - Quad/Trailer (Sat)
MJM1 (Mike) (Anytime)
SimonD - anything/anytime
NLW - what ever, when ever, baby
Karl82 anything anytime.
TinkyPete - Sat/Sunday what ever is required. Can wield a chainsaw if needed (trained by the army same course that i learnt my demolitions with explosives)
sasquatch
chance at SV )

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Quick, hide yer wallets, Prepper's here!!!!!!! :p Be good to see you mate.:D

Well I have the following for sale/trade for a ‘look see’, no obligation kit fondle:

A DPM folding kip/Z mat
A 120L Orbit Bergen liner
Various tarps OG and DPM
120L Bergens OG and DPM with side pockets – both A1
OG folding shovel pouches
Bivi bags
Used Bergen side pouches - 3 I think
Snugpak over blanket – used once by me.
Several large Karrimor rucksacks
Pattern 58 bottles/mugs
OG 3L camelbak

And lots and lots of other tempting goodies. PM me I might have it…….
I will only bring it along if your interested.

PREPER……….. :)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire

Cheers.

NLW.

well said neil, someone has to reign us in occasionally, and you've done so very well here goodjob

woodspirits
septicben - (Sat )
shaggystu - ( Sat )
shaggystu 's SWMBO - Quad/Trailer (Sat ) - currently studying countryside management of which the safe use of agricultural vehicles forms quite a large part.
MJM1 ( Mike) ( Anytime )
sasquatch
chance at SV )

cheers

stuart

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
woodspirits
septicben - (Sat )
shaggystu - ( Sat )
shaggystu 's SWMBO - Quad/Trailer (Sat )
MJM1 ( Mike) ( Anytime )
sasquatch
chance at SV )

is there any safety equipment sorted for the chainsaw?

have you got any tim?

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I have ask my brother if I can borrow some bits, will let u know if he is happy to lend them to me, he should have some old chainsaw trousers and safety helmets.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

Cheers.

NLW.

thanks neil valid point, have your fun here sure, but on the day we will of course behave in a resposible way. machinery and sharps can be lethal, mechanised sharps even more so! gordon will no doubt be paying us a visit at some point :)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
thanks neil valid point, have your fun here sure, but on the day we will of course behave in a resposible way. machinery and sharps can be lethal, mechanised sharps even more so! gordon will no doubt be paying us a visit at some point :)

Yip, good point there. I promise to leave my light sabre at home...adventure, excitement, a jedi craves not these things.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Ok lads. The access to the south end of the wood is impassable by vehicle. North end of the woods nearest the farm is off limits. When you turn up please head past the north end of the wood and travel clockwise round the wood. The is a section of field used for clay pigeon shooting and we will be parked here. If you need gear tabbed in then it will need to be carried or a quad and trailer will be available.

Please don't try to drive to the far end of the wood as the track won't sustain the damage of vehicles driving on it.

Many thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE