North wood february 25-27 to coincide with the outdoor leasure show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi all, as per title this meet is over the same weekend as the http://www.outdoorleisureshow.com/ at the NEC which is 15 minutes away. courtesy of the organisers i have 2 free tickets to give away at the meet!
weather permitting we will be at the south (bigger) end of the wood at this meet. we had hoped to do some felling at the december meet but the snow put paid to that!, its still an ongoing project weather allowing. if there is still a severe frost, be prepared for the toilet block to be out of use.

important ammendment see post 265

ok as before, just a reminder of terms and directions.

im sure i shouldnt have to mention good housekeeping to you, but im going to anyway. :(
were here on trial so it really is a case of leaving no junk / firescars etc. the only thing we should leave is a good impression, take your rubbish home, there are no facilitys to leave it on the farm. this is a private site, a farmer who i know and who has trusted me. im going to be blunt here, anyone who jeopardises this goodwill will be asked to leave. individual fires are allowed off the ground, there is plenty of windfall and some dead standing (usual precautions apply) live wood is to be left untouched. under 18s to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, guests or minors will be the responsibility of the person who bought them, a small section on the approach to north wood is sssi, unless otherwise instructed this will be marked and out of bounds, as will a small area adjacent to it which is personal to the farmer. the gate from the farm into the meadow must be kept closed at all times, if you open it you close it, ok happy head back on! :)

fees are a reasonable £4 per head per night, pay on arrival access is on friday from 1200, unless we have made prior arrangements to get in earlier. for security reasons the electronic gates will be closed overnight and all day sunday, codes will be given out nearer the meet, possible late arrivals pm me for my tel' number. we will aim to vacate site no later than 1400.

location is opposite the belfry golf club on the A4091, OS map ref' SP189962 for those arriving early there is a large layby opposite the entrance, full address is;

Middleton House Farm
Tamworth Road
Middleton,
Tamworth
North warwickshire
B78 2BD

the fields on the approach to the wood are sometimes hired out to a private company. if on arrival there is any activity on the meadow between the car park and the wood, and you need to unload your vehicle, keep to the track, proceed with caution with hazards on at 15mph. and finally for those not familiar with north wood, this may help...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie...68795140843595.00049740325e102c13d9d&t=h&z=16

well thats it for now, any questions just sing out :)
steve

please list your interest below

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Steve, if I can't make it I'll ammend the list but it should be a goer...

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
be good to see you back simon, bye the way that cake was tasty!

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Nice one Steve. Looking forward to it already.

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks Steve. Lavvu almost defrosted and dried out.

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
be good to see you back simon, bye the way that cake was tasty!

cheers steve. rychard requested lemon flavour for the next meet. just got to decide what shape to do it in now.

oh and neil, i'm in the process of sorting out my kit list, i'll pm you when its done and we'll see about me walking into camp with just me rocket pak:)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
I fancy going to the outdoors show, will have some purchasing funds 

1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112
11. Snarf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112
11. Snarf
12.Karl82

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE