My Website...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
TheViking said:
...is updated with 2 more topics and new text on the front page. :wave:

Just to be picky Andy, you might want to consider revising this...

Choose a blade in carbon or laminated steel. Most people seem to prefer carbon and this is far by the best, but laminated will do just as good a job. Carbon and laminated steels are easy to sharpen, holds a good edge, and can get much sharper than stainless. They can rust. Stainless steels (S30v, 12c27, 440 series, etc) will not rust, but is harder to sharpen and will in most occasions not keep as good an edge.

I'm not sure carbon is by far the best - it's just the most popular.

Stainless can and does rust. All the steels you mention will rust under the right circumstances. It's not stainproof it's stainless.

The stainless steels you mention, generally keep thier edge much better than carbon. The main reason for using carbon (or laminated carbon) is that it's easy to sharpen and easy enough for a novice to generally get a very sharp edge with it. However, you can get ferrociously sharp edges on stainless too - it's just harder. That's about as far as it goes. You need to be careful with "definitives" as there will always be some dork like me ready to pick you up on it. ;) :D

You need to be careful with typo's too (I know about this, I cant spell to save my life), this one is a doozy...

The hollow is only good for foof preparation

I guess you aint heard the euphamism "foof" before eh?

:D :D :D

Nice looking site though mate, a few minor bugs but it looks good. Keep up the good work. :biggthump

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Martyn said:
Just to be picky Andy, you might want to consider revising this...

I'm not sure carbon is by far the best - it's just the most popular.

Stainless can and does rust. All the steels you mention will rust under the right circumstances. It's not stainproof it's stainless.

The stainless steels you mention, generally keep thier edge much better than carbon. The main reason for using carbon (or laminated carbon) is that it's easy to sharpen and you can get a very sharp edge with it. But that's about as far as it goes. You need to be careful with "definitives" as there will always be some dork like me ready to pick you up on it. ;) :D

You need to be careful with typo's too (I know about this, I cant spell to save my life), this one is a doozy...

I guess you aint heard the euphamism "foof" before eh?

:D :D :D

Nice looking site though mate, a few minor bugs but it looks good. Keep up the good work. :biggthump
Thank you for the correction. It's nice you mention it so i can change it. :biggthump :wave: And will do now. :wink:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Also consider putting some kind of HOME link on your article pages, so that people can always get back to your index page. Not everyone will arrive at your site on the index page, so you cannot rely on people being able to use the "back" button in thier browser.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Martyn said:
Also consider putting some kind of HOME link on your article pages, so that people can always get back to your index page. Not everyone will arrive at your site on the index page, so you cannot rely on people being able to use the "back" button in thier browser.
Spot on. Will do also. :eek:): :D

EDIT: Done! :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Your disclaimer could use a "Local laws apply, ensure you don't break them" sentence, just to ensure your umbrella is up. Looking good though, I wish I had the knowledge to set up my own site!

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Andy, i can't access your sight anymore
Neither can I. Looks like he's overdone it on the data transfer quota... don't worry, it'll be back soon :) Thats a problem I found with free webspace (and some paid ones) If you start up/down-loading lots of material or have a dynamic site that sees alot of traffic, they soon cut you off :-(

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE