Music at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
On either the Saturday or Sunday evening at the Summer Moot there is a plan! That plan is to get together a bit of a Glasto - a festival of music and other presentations. What I would like to ask of you at this stage is two things:-

Would you like to consider taking part?

Do you know another bushcrafter who you think should take part?

You could reply by PM or on this thread.

Whilst anything would be considered it might be that music and stories from old or primitive cultures or history of your own culture might be a theme. On the other hand, if you are great at a modern number then go for it. We are should of course use fairly basic instruments Electronic is definitely out.

I am also wondering if there are any real musicians out there you might be happy to back others.

Finally - Why? Well music and story telling are vital parts of culture and usually feature in get togethers across the world. And, it's fun.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
this should be fun, I did something like this at the Moot last year with Will Lord and a few others. It was fantastic, a real fun friendly atmosphere.
Depending on work, I should be there. I'll probably have a few bits and pieces with me.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I think I'll sit this one out judging by the hash we (Stuart, Moduser, Robin and I) made when we were out in Borneo trying to follow the locals
Great fun
Awfull noise :eek:

Mark

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Great Graham,

Yes, I remember Will Lord, probably quite late in the session! We tried to do some quiet flint knapping the morning after. :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE