A great Moot at a great new site

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - I just got home and have almost finished unpacking - a 6 hour drive - and I am now about to start relaxing....
I do not think I have enjoyed a Moot more - chilling, seeing old friends, falling in love again (platonically - with Chaos and Mayhem :) )eating too much, drinking too much, telling to many lies and being shot with so many arrows that it made St. Sebastion look a beginner!
The final tally of Donations for Ty Hafan children's hospice is £550 - a phenominal amount and I am shocked, stunned and humbled by the generosity of folk in these tough days. All I did was make a fool of myself - and that was easy - you guys did the bit that counts!
Perhaps the English are not as tight as some folk claimed... but you have set a new record for donations at the Moot and a new mark for next year to try to beat! The previous record was a mere £450 (if memory serves correctly) so that is well and truely broken now.
Many thanks to all - even to those whos shots hit home!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Matt (Trotsky here) took this portrait of me - I love it! ...but I can see how folk might want to spoil the beauty by shooting it full of arrows!
On that subject - can folk send me their GOOD photos of be being shot - I would like to show Ty Hafan what it is I do....
portrait by Matt.png
contrasted with my works photo
JohnFennaPaint.jpg
I think Matt has captured me better - for all but when I encounter noisy campers next to my pitch....

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
As my first Moot, apart from Tony, your face John was the only one that I recognised, and grateful to get meet you on the morning of the first full day.

Your interactions with all the children brought many smiles to all watching.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: John Fenna

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I hope to hand over the cheque for £550.00 to Ty Hafan tomorrow ... can anyone get pictures of "Prepper Pig" before then - preferably shots of the pig being shot - as I want to show them what I go through for them!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just go in from my Physio Assessment ... my nice kind physio pointed out this fading bruise... it (along with the others) is outside my sight line and therefor I did not notice them... DSCF0002 (1).JPGMy wife says it looks worse than the photo shows...
I earned that dosh the hard way!

Reactions: MartinK9

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Seeing the week old bruises should have made it more real for you - as it did for me! :)
Seeing the weak old leg did nothing for either of us, I guess......

Reactions: Tony

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ah, John, who tried to kill you this year?

Im so sad I missed it; but I am happy in my new life. (Which is part of Bushcraft).

Not sure I will be able to attend in the forseeable future but maybe Wintermoot??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE