Mummy match tutorial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
Well ive spent the whole weekend indoors as ive been ill slowly going insane so i made a tutorial on how to make my very own special waterproof match ladies and mentlegen....the mummy match!!

you need........
Matches (pref strike anywhere but its up to you)
Vaseline
Cotton wool
Cotton thread
Tea light
Lighter

First cut 2 matches and then with your cotton thread lash it to another full match so all the heads are at one end.
DSC02208.jpg
[/IMG]

Then take some cotton wool and pull it apart so its nice and flat and begin spinning it around your match till it gets nice and tight and looks like a little Mummy!!
DSC02209.jpg

DSC02213.jpg
[/IMG]
now get some vaseline on ur fingers and cover the cotton wool in it.

then heat up a tea light with a lighter and cover the whole match in wax
DSC02214.jpg
[/IMG]

there you have it the mummy match! ive been messing around with this idea for a while and it works just as good without the vaseline but it burns a bit longer! ive left one in a glass of water for about 20 mins and it lit first time and it burns with a real big flame too
What you think??

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Its amazing how two minds can be alike i did this 3 mouths ago no Vaseline just cotton use all bees wax better i think. Lets us go into the woods on a raining day see how it works we know it works doing a bench test.[P S ] also between the match i put a fiberglass wick soak that in bees wax first then it burns like a candle

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Nice one, a definate project to try out, and with wax, or even candle wax? :rolleyes:

I use vaseline fire lighters but make a point to remove any excess from my fingers as soon as possible as it can catch fire and hurt like heck before you get chance to put it out. :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE