Midlands Winter '08 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
At the moment (Not literally :rolleyes: ) I'm discussing a working weekend to see whether we can do a bit of work to try to make sure that periscopes aren't on the kit list for the next/sebsequent Meet(s) :lmao: .

It looks like a working weekend to improve the drainage on :)lmao: or possibly through :lmao: ) site 11 going to be a 'goer'.

...do we do it over a weekend and stay on site or just attend during the day....and leave each evening.......I would love to work during the day and hammock up at night on a site of their choice

We'll be on site over the weekend ... I'll be looking for the camp fees to be waived.
Now that the site has given the provisional go-ahead I have some .... discussions ... to organise.

... don't have many skills but I can fetch and carry and dig holes...

They're the skills we're looking for :D .

.. Now where can we get a load of pipes for drainage ...

Because the ground is heavy clay they'll have to remain open ditches - no pipes required :D .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Dec any idea when the next official meet might be I've got lots of accrued days to take before March

Not as yet.
Many of the ditches that are ... hidden ... on site 11 will work well if re-dug.
The problem is locating and tracking each one and then working out which sections of each ditch should be worked on first to give the best results (we're looking at short, medium and long term results at the same time :yikes: ). It looks like I'm going to need to spend quite a few days on site sorting various things out :eek: .

Unfortunately my ankle is still slowing me and therefore the process, down - I've spent most of the last two weeks or so in bed because it went ... manky ... and is staunchly refusing to heal. The wound burst 3 weeks ago and it's still open; even more so than at the Meet :yuck: - but at least it doesn't stink to high heaven anymore!

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Im up for a bit of graft, as long as can get permission to come and my leg holds up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE