knife makers please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Id just like people to recommend knife makers. Ive decided on a custom job. Web links would be appreciated so i can look at work and average price to see who id like to commision to make it for me. Thanks in advance

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Hello Gabrielsdad
I have just seen your post, I am a knifemaker myself, and would be very interested in quoting you for a custom knife. My website is www.erknives.com . Please have a look and contact me if you want to proceed. My knives are of the highest quality as I take passion & pride in what I produce. There was a review in issue no 35 of Bushcraft Magazine for one of my knives. This can be seen on my website.
Regards
Eifion Roberts

leon-1

This is a toughy as there are a load of people out there.

Rob Evans, don't think he's got a website, however check out the makers market on here, I've seen and handled Rob's work and it's very good. I think his username on here is robevs73.

Guy Stainthorp, my last purchase was from Guy. His work is very good indeed. Good attention to detail, follows what you ask of him and a heat treat that is more than just good. He has the ability to work with various types of steel and does everything in house. His kydex work is very good as well. Cost is dependant on many factors.

Gene Ingram, the maker of my first custom knife, I was so happy with it that I commissioned two more, one for me and one for my brother, once again cost is dependant on many factors (size, materials and steel / heat treat required), I will say though that I am not a huge fan of Gene's Leatherwork.

I don't know if he is taking commissions at this time, but Chris Claycomb (one of the other moderators on here) is a very talented knife maker and designer in his own right, to put it bluntly I would pay for a knife made by Chris and I am very picky.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have one of Rob Evans knives.I will never part with it and would recommend Rob for both knife and leatherwork.
I also have a Shing baby bushie which is sweet too.
Simon

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I would recommend Ben Orford - I think it's www.benorford.com. He crafts a very fine knife and is a really nice bloke to deal with. One of his is my main user at the moment.

Another worth looking at is Toby Platts (www.tpknives.com - I think!). A number of folk here have sung his praises too, particularly for the comfort of his handles.

Hope this helps.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
To add to the above.

Stu Mitchell
Ben Orford
Dave Budd
Shing
Stew.

All members on here.

I have a knife from each of the makers in the previous post and would recomend all of them.

lucky 67

May 1, 2010
netherlands
TPknives,really a nice guy to deal with,I have one on the way to me right now,I also think they are a dream to hold so it seems.
Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE