Just a couple of hours...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Having been down with the flu and a bout of rheumatic arthritis for three weeks, this was the first time in the woods again.
1.5h uphill and then a little nap at my favourite spot turned a mediocre day in a beautiful one.
181007016.jpg

181007018.jpg

181007017.jpg

181007019.jpg

181007020.jpg

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Are they brasher hillmaster you are wearing? They as good as they say on the tin? :) nice spot, you people so lucky to have access to places like that , may i ask what woods it is?

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Tommy, its a foldable mat from the german army. having sweated all the way uphill, it doesnt help much against the cold, but was really wet after half an hour and, beside that, sleeping pads in a Hammock really SUCK, comfortwise!
Matt Weir, somehow I always manage not to smile when making a pic for BCUK :)
You should see me outside these occassions :):)
Jon Pickett, unfortunately, not sleeping under beeches would mean not sleeping at all in my part of the woods. thats why I normally prefer my hut (http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24643).
In this clearing, after a particular nasty autumnal storm, I once found a big branch, 10x100cm, having been blown down and embedded in the soil by 25cm.
(But then I ride by bike to work every day and more than risk my live while doing this...)
Shewie, yes, they will be cut down sometime in the near future.
Commandocal, no, these are Meindl "Borneo", one of the few boots to fit my splashed-out feet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE