It's snowing!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Okay, the big kid in me is laughing......we've got snow falling thickly......here's hoping it's still there in the morning :D
You should see the look the moggie gave me when I let her out ten minutes ago :lmao: I reckon that was the quickest piddle ever!

Cheers,
Toddy

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i took my scouts out friday night for an overnight camp. in the morning, snow. imagine scouts huddling over their trangias trying to fry sausages and bacon in the snow. :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Graham_S said:
i took my scouts out friday night for an overnight camp. in the morning, snow. imagine scouts huddling over their trangias trying to fry sausages and bacon in the snow. :D

That's what it's all about....they're the memory building experiences that they'll use to grow from and do more with life. You're a star for giving them the opportunity :You_Rock_

And bring on the snow :D I've looked at the forecast...no snow expected here :(

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
We've got some in Mid Wales Tony,
Not the huge amounts that "Oop North" are forecast to get, but enough to turn the world white and for the kids to play on.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
18cm (7in) And still at it. :D
img015714oq.jpg

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Only about 2 inches here and sleeting now so it won't last long. I had a brief walk out this morning - this chap had a lucky escape at Roath Park Lake:

img_1563.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I sympathise Graham, I took a pack of 36 camping once (well you could do that then :rolleyes: ) and woke up thinking I'd overslept because it was so light, opened the tent into a three foot high wall of snow, :eek: that was up at Carnwath. Thank heavens the kids were in Nigers, took us a day to break camp and hike out...no mobile phones so had to find the shepherd and get some Dad's to come and fetch us from the station.....36 cubs, four leaders and all their kit on the back of a tractor trailer...fun times.
This morning it's 8" deep and still falling :D The moggie is having hysterics, she jumped out the back door and disappeared into the snow, all I could see were eartips and a tail, funniest thing I've seen in ages :D :lmao:

Cheers,
Toddy....who's beginning to wonder how she's getting to work tomorrow :confused:

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
Remember to mix veg oil on to longhaired dogs bits where little snow balls tend to clog up. Use sparingly like hair gel on most parts but more on paws.
Tip by Jan Fennel The Dog Listener.

Yes that is a huge dog, Big Lenny a Russian Black Terrier

Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
Bristol snow. Not quite the 8in of north but certainly entertaining, although we did have a short local field trip out in the freezing cold of the wind channelling avon gorge for a few hours earlier when it was still snowing, NOT nice trying to write/sketch with white hands i can tell you. snow had gone when we stopped working :(

better luck next time i guess.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Whilst it was very picturesque this morning, most of last nights snow has blown away.
The roads were very slippery on account of the freezing rain that put a layer of ice over everything late this morning.
The daytime temperature has not exceeded -2 deg C. (Not very spectacular for some of our members I know).
And to cap it all the electricity was out for some five hours this morning.
Luckily I'm still using the coal fired range, with open fires in the living room and cooking is on LPG - some of the neighbors arent so well catered for - so its open house here again.
I won't post any photos as the countryside just looks dirty at teh moment, though more is forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:( All I've got is gusting rain with sleet; I wanted to try my new tent too, but I'm not for putting it up in that and having to dry it out for the next week :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE