Hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
hi miranda the timber hitch will be very save even if the tree move's as jack said it is held tawnt by your body weight and i have used it for twenty years to fell some very large tree's and never had one come
untied hope this puts your mind at rest all the
best paul

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
The Hennesey Hamnmock (Expedition model) I ordered at the Outdoor Adventure Show (thanks Feathers!) arrived Yesterday. I immediatly arranged the afternoon off; commuted back home and had a play.

I've got to say that first impressions are that it's as good as all the reviewers say it is. It was a doddle to fit the snakeskins, and just as easy to put up. Having my bum hit the ground as I got in was a good way of learning the following lesson: "Make sure it is set up high enough off the ground!"

The Snakeskins made for a really easy takedown, but I'm glad I followed the procedure outlined by Shane Steincamp on the Backpack Gear Test Web page; possibly some better rolling instructions included with the snakeskins themselves might save a some head scratching time.

And it is nice to lie in. My goodness, is it nice! I've never spent much time in a hammock before, so had no expectations as to how comfy it might be. I liked the amount of room inside, and - just as people have said - the posture my body automatically took when in seemed to be vey comfortable and natural.

Next stage of test: sleeping out in it. I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to do this (busy schedule an' all), but as I've never slept in a hammock before I'm going to have to take that into account. Nevertheless, it's the acid test that it really has to pass.

I'm almost thinking that I'm doing nothing this Saturday night that can't be put off...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE