Hammocks.. The final decider!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Which is it?

• Total voters

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
I know there has been a lot of discission on hammocks recently.. but i cant see a conclusion... this should be THE FINAL DECIDER!! Please post your opinions on the matter!.
All input appreciated!! :biggthump

(if you think there is another contender worthy of this contest please let me know and i will add it)

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Hi everyone i am new to all this and have just started putting some kit together looking on the threads and web sites purely from a newbies prospective rays system dose look the best it looks like it has every thing you would need the only down side is the price but i think you have to pay not only for the product but also the designers and researchers wages but it gets my vote for what it is worth.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Aren't Thai hammocks different again? (Haven't tried one so don't know, but I've heard people mention them here)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i dont think there is a particular hammock system/make called thai hammocks.. i think it is just a general term for the hammock style from thailand.. might be wrong though!

Dave Farrant

Forager
Apr 16, 2003
Lancashire
I've only tried the Pod system. It was great cos I move around a lot in the night. Does the Hennessy allow you to roll over in it easily? If not then I would have to choose the Pod.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
jakunen said:
I've got the HH expedition asym and I'm also quite active nocturnally (behave! :nono: ). I found it fine for turning over and moving around. very comfy and not at all restrictive.

Just wish the hexfly came as standard...
The hexfly is massive and offers a LOT of coverage!

jakunen

Native
That's why I bought one.

The standard fly only just covers the asym with not much to protect you from driven rain. The hex can be pegged down to provide you with much more side cover. Plus it means you're not woken up at sunrise as easily.

The fact it also measn you don't need a seperate tarp to cover your kit is an added bonus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE