Great boil in the bag food

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
They carry the whole range at Tebay Service Station's farm shops.

If you are ever heading north on the M6 that is a definite place to stop. It has a cult following amongst us lot up here.

My car broke down there a couple of years ago, brand new too! AA man came, fixed it but it took me another hour to get my wife out of the shop! Fantastic place, a must on the M6. :D

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Last night I indulged in a boil-in-the-bag curry branded as "Ye Olde Oak", and I have to say it was fantastic. I got it from Asda, about £2.50, claimed to serve 2, but I managed to wolf the lot (with just a little rice). The one I tried was a vindaloo - quite hot but very tasty. There are others in the same range, I will be trying more.

Dave

Mike B

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2006
Wakefield West Yorks
They carry the whole range at Tebay Service Station's farm shops.

If you are ever heading north on the M6 that is a definite place to stop. It has a cult following amongst us lot up here.
Surely is a fine place to shop,but sometimes a bit far to travel for me.
What I did was to buy one of those vacuum sealers that use the 3 layer bags and do my own boil in the bags.
Now whenever I've had a successful time the surplus goes in them and gets frozen,in the freezer right now are smoked brownies with garlic butter,venison with wild mushrooms (various species)casseroled in port with a hint of bitter chocolate,pigeon with bramleys and parasol mushrooms casseroled in cider,various currys,and a whole load of other stuff.
I think it was one of my better purchases.
Mike B...

mrstorey

Forager
I also like the Indian boxed foil packs you get for a quid in Indian shops. Things like Chole, Tahka Dhal and my favourite, Chana Masala. Quick, easy, tasty and nutritionally sound. Yum.

Only downside is sharing a tent later... ;-)

Here's a pic. It's not the make I buy, but it's similar.

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Are the tuna the little weightwatchers type ones? I noticed I think 3 different varieties of curry in pouches yesterday - each 2 person (or 1 bushcrafter) portion.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
Tried them, binned them, British rat packs rule in my house. That said, I've got some norgie rat packs coming, I'll write a review on them when I've tried them

bear in mind he's in catford and they cant even manage a decent kebab in london going by my recent excursions.

how in the heck did you manage to get norgy rations I've been trying for 10 years plus?

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
A guy I talk to in Norway is coming over in August and bringing the norgie packs for me to try. They are hard to find over there and near impossible in the UK

These people make them I believe

http://www.nortrade.com/index.php?cmd=company_presentation&companynumber=382662&page=profile

Tamarack sell these - pricey but very good to have at the bottom of your bergan! I've had a few but prefer the bolognese. IMHO you should avoid the beef stew though!

http://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/dispprod.pl?filtera=Equipment List&filterb=Food&filterc=Real Foods

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE