Great boil in the bag food

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i was going to say that boil in the bag food can never be good, but they do look tasty.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
God Father,
Did you learn nothing!
You can't beat a squirrel cooked in a mediteranean style, with plum tomatoes, onion, olive oil, a few mushrooms and a hint of garlic - served al fresco (ryhmes with tesco) under the stars with an aroma of ash burning gently!
Neil

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
They are great. Not at all like other boil in the bag food. More like the best ready meals you've ever tasted. Honestly, I'd be happy served the venison one in a resturant.

Making my mouth water just remembering.

Yum.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
The date on the pack was until the end of 2008.
Well to be honest I still have another pack that I got at the same time in case of an emergency such as there being a shortage of squirrel cooked in a mediteranean style, with plum tomatoes, onion, olive oil, a few mushrooms and a hint of garlic.:)

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I've had the Venison sausages and the Mushroom Stroganoff - bought in Millets! Both were very good, and priced favourably against the repackaged ratpack meals Millets also sell.

Thanks for putting the link in - I'm just about to place an order...

[edit] order now placed... yum! A pity they won't arrive before the scout camp I'm on this weekend.

Gailainne

Life Member
One thing, the first ones, dont have many Kcals per meal, the main meals are only 240 odd, I would have expected them to be up around the 1000 mark ? 240 fairly sparce for breakfast, far less an evening meal.

Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick as usual ?

Stephen

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I just looked at that product yesterday in Kenilworth in a little health food shop..it looked a substantial meal for one and looked like quality food

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
My missus picked me up "Home Reared Beef in Black Velvet Porter with Maris Piper Potatoes" in Sainsburys the other day. For some unknown reason it was on the reduced shelf at £1.99. The packet's still intact and it's got a long shelf date, so I've no clue really. I'll try it this weekend when I'm out and about.

Mike Benis

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2008
England
Sainsbury's in Brighton aslo has them. They're excellent, bhtough the portions are about small. A bit of smash ballasts things out though....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE