Good morning from Gotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 4, 2016
Gotland, Sweden
Hello everyone!

I'm from the island of Gotland in the middle of the Baltis sea, east of southern Sweden. Stumbled upon this forum a while back and have since returned several times to admire peoples crafts, skills and knowledge. I live in the only town here, Visby, and being stuck in an apartment I take all the chances I get to be outdoors, either alone or with my kids.

I've always made stuff for myself and exploring bushcraft gives me an opportunity to create useful things. I like fishing and have just begun hunting but really like any outdoor experiences. Last autumn I collected lots and lots of mushrooms in the forests and have quite a supply of dried ones that I use for food regularly. Taking care of what nature gives for free is really wonderful and I'm hoping to learn much more.

Looking forward to getting to know this community, seems like a friendly bunch here!

Cheers!

/Eric

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
G'day , what a beautiful island you live on. I visited a few years ago when sailing back from Sweden.
We hired some bikes and explored Visby and quite a bit of the island. I always thought that I would come back sometime with my camping gear.

Mar 4, 2016
Gotland, Sweden
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! If anyone would have your paths leading here one day be sure to give me a heads up and I'll share some nice spots for you ;)

@Tengu

Not that many runestones but quite a lot of picture stones rangong from ca 200-1200BC! We have 92 surviving medieval churches though and several have old runestones incorporated in walls as building material.

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! If anyone would have your paths leading here one day be sure to give me a heads up and I'll share some nice spots for you ;)

@Tengu

Not that many runestones but quite a lot of picture stones rangong from ca 200-1200BC! We have 92 surviving medieval churches though and several have old runestones incorporated in walls as building material.

Thank you, I was going to compete at the Island Games next year but the Gotlands Gun clubs decided not to do my discipline as they do not have aby decent competitors in it ( our gun club's interpretation of their lame explanation)
A huge disappointment for me......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE