Geographical forums for meets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi All,

You've probably noticed that there's been the introduction of forums for different areas, the idea behind this is to make it easier to find meets in your area, we had a good discussion about it in the Full Member area and thought it was a good idea and so it's up and working, but before we start moving threads about on a big scale i'm open to any feedback that any of you might have on this.

The idea is to keep it simple and yet give it more scope so that it can be more useful, hence the limited geographical areas rather than being broken down on a micro scale.

anyway, feedback appreciated ;)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I think its a good start, as you have to start somewhere. It is likely that the more populated areas are likely to fill up quicker than, say, north Scotland. I can now very easily look up to see if there is a meet where I live or where I might be going on holiday etc.
If, after a while, it needs a bit of a tweek then presumably this can be done.:)

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
UK vs. the Rest of the World?

The Dutch are so busy they probably need their own space!

Seriously though, how about Europe, Asia and the Americas? If you create the space things may happen.

Singteck is in the same place as me and I know there are lurkers who may be encouraged to participate if we make a place for them at a nearby hearth.

Today UK tomorrow the WORLD!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
If, after a while, it needs a bit of a tweek then presumably this can be done.:)

absolutely, any changes can be made as needed, we just need to see how things evolve and what's needed.

UK vs. the Rest of the World?

The Dutch are so busy they probably need their own space!

Seriously though, how about Europe, Asia and the Americas? If you create the space things may happen.

Singteck is in the same place as me and I know there are lurkers who may be encouraged to participate if we make a place for them at a nearby hearth.

Today UK tomorrow the WORLD!

Good point BOD, although i expect that if I change it someone will come along and say that we should have Australasia in there and that there's numerous other places....

One of the key things with meets is that those that want to go out do so and just invite others to come, too often people wait for responses before they get on out there. People should start threads saying that they're going, who wants to join them.

Anyway, I hope that the meet ups continue to grow and that it enables more and more people to get out.

Thanks for the comments so far :You_Rock_

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
If there are regular groups that want the use of there own geographical forum just pm myself or Tony and we'll see what we can do :)

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE