Future Woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
I was looking at the price of woodland hoping to buy some for bushcrafting use and came across this site Future Woods .
I was wondering if any guys on this forum had anything to do with it?
It seems a good idea £1000 gives membership for life to use their woodland.They don't have any plots at the moment but I would rather pay that than fork out £45000 to own my own 10 acres!
They say you can practice bushcraft on their sites and up to 3 other members of your family.
Just waiting for their portfolio to increase before laying out any cash.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Allowance to camp in the woods on weekends allocated by Future Woods.
For a grand I'd want to camp when I want.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Keep looking Brendan,
We joined a "land co-op" a few years ago, bought a £2K share of a 50 acre plot so we get a massive veggie patch, winter grazing of any stock (pony etc), a share of the hay crop. We get involved in various projects for upkeep etc and its all a bunch of fun - one long term future project is to build a roundhouse which I can't wait to get into.
I'm not sure how you'd find out if something was going on local to you, but ask around at any organic veg shops - our plot supplies the one in the local town when we have surplus, or any "hippy" type cafe places which is where some of our members frequent.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You could always go along the route Ogri has pointed out and set it up yourself, local councils look quite favorably on such things and it is possible to get grants etc

Well worth looking into ;) Time consuming though, but ultimately it could be well worth it.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I think I would be a bit wary about this. The Future Woods website says that, for your £1000, you can 'use of all the woodlands in Future Woods growing portfolio for non-destructive activities such as walking , nature watching, meditation, woodland food collecting , dog walking, art, photography. ' Camping seems to be allowed, but only on allocated weekends. Shooting is not allowed.

Firstly, their growing portfolio seems to currently consist of....nothing.

Secondly, at those rates, how much should I pay for the above rights of use plus near unrestricted camping on over 70 000 square kilometres, plus foreshore shooting rights for ducks and geese? The reason I ask is that you and I have these rights already. The Scottish access laws allow all of the activities offered by Future Woods, over nearly the whole country, with a bit of free shooting on Crown foreshore thrown in. I realise Scotland is a long way, but looking at what's on offer, it seems very poor value.

Thirdly, the thousand quid does not buy you any land. It buys you one share in the company. What is the share allocation? Suppose there are 3 directors with a thousand shares each, and thirty investors buying a share each for a thousand pounds? You would see very little return.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE