Followers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Followers - Why does someone ' Follow ' another forum member ?
Just had someone follow me ? not sure why - and feels like I'm now being watched :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I think it's an expression of friendliness and at some point approval of their comments or behaviour. What I like about it on here as opposed general social media is that here it seems genuine, if someone follows you here it seems more considered. I don't know anyone going out of their way to be followed, unlike the norm these days and that's reassuring in a way...

In real terms it populates your personal news feed with content from followed people - What's new - Your news feed. So, if someone follows you, they can see what you've posted if they go to their news feed.

I suppose it means that if there's someone that we rate their posts etc we get to keep up on what they're saying with shortcuts to the content.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeDee

leanrascal

Nov 1, 2019
London, UK
I know I'm following a couple of people, it's a just a way for me to keep a list of people I respect. I could just as well have used a piece of paper with names on, but I like not to have to use paper.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I thought it was one of the things that transferred to a different name when the forum upgraded.
My list is of people who were on my Friends list on the original forum. Folks who kind of got a heads up when one of us started to talk about meeting up, that kind of thing.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just found out I'm following ex member southey who was last here 2015. I had no idea I'd followed anyone. Fat finger follow on my phone perhaps? Strange!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I've also just found out I've been on here since 2008. Really?! That long?! Where has all the time gone?

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I don't do it here but in a different bigger forum because I share the interest the member writes about. Because the forum is much bigger I would miss his posts although I regularly look in there and his informations might be hidden in another thread under a head line that doesn't catch my interest.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Only in a Jim Jones kinda way most likely.
I had the unpleasant experience of attending a JJ service. I was stationed in San Francisco. This pretty black corpsman, Baptist wanted to see him. This was during the cult heyday of Scientology, Osho, Moonies, Universal Church triumphant, Church of Satan ad nauseum. What to fear from another ‘Holy Roller?’
LOTS!! We both grabbed hands and without a word FLED.
Don’t even joke about that EVIL!
And It’s cool for Charles lll to talk to trees. But remind him, He’s head of the Anglican Assembly!!!!!

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE