Feuerhand Lantern Instructions wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Does anyone happen to have a scanned copy of the Feuerhand lantern instructions in this picture or if you could point me towards an online copy?

I've got the lantern set but not the instructions. I've email Feuerhand themselves but want to cover all options and possible sources

1686986431539.png

Reactions: pwb

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I have the popular Feuerhand baby.
It’s pretty straightforward.
1. The top is lifted and the side lever rotates the globe for cleaning
or removal.
2. Just depressing the lever raises the globe for access to light the wick. Pre singing it makes igniting easier. Think char cloth.
3. You pour fuel into the lower reservoir. Use a funnel, and don’t overfill. Raising and lowering the wick via the lower wire knob clockwise soaks the wick.
4. With a good wooden match , raise as described back at #2 and light wick. Lower globe and adjust flame. To high and it smokes.
5. To extinguish, rotate lever retracting wick until it goes out.
Misc: the lantern is very stiff new with the paint. It will eventually loosen up with repeated use.
There are a few accessories; a reflector shade, warming plate to heat a small cups or citronella oil
And replacement filler caps.
I know exactly how lanterns work as I own over 50 various ones and restored quite a few as well.

What I don't have though, are the vintage instructions that came with that particular lantern set and that's what I'm looking for.

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
What makes you think that the instruction manual for this particular model will be any different to the 275/276 etc Basically the same design, just extra globes and the sturmkappe? Or is it just a vintage versin of the instructions you are after?

Last edited:

CrispyDuck

Dec 31, 2020
Londonish
Found this... Not sure if it's what you're looking for though...

image.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Found this... Not sure if it's what you're looking for though...

View attachment 80668

Thanks for that CD, it does appear to be what I'm after. Just have to find a printable version now :)

Reactions: CrispyDuck

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What makes you think that the instruction manual for this particular model will be any different to the 275/276 etc Basically the same design, just extra globes and the sturmkappe? Or is it just a vintage versin of the instructions you are after?
It's the vintage version I'm after.

As I said earlier I don't need the operation instructions as I'm well versed in how to use the
lanterns. I just want to bring the set back to as authentic as I can hence the search for the sturmlanternen instructions that came with the set.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE