Does anyone know about "Pinewood Anorak"?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Hello guys,

I have a question about an Anorak that is made by a company called "Pinewood" from Denmark.

On a Dutch website from a guy who gives survival trainings called ExtraSurvival ( http://www.extrasurvival.nl ) I saw an nice anorak that he sells but the only drawback that keeps me from buying it is that it is made from a synthetic fabric.
I have my share of North Face shirts and some jackets that have scattered burn holes from my Scouting activities and since then I always wear an Dutch Army jacket (cotton/poly with 'glued' in goretex liner, or just a plain cotton/poly jacket) the only drawback it is in camouflage colors.

I'm wondering if anybody knows this "Pinewood" company and can point me to them as I would like to know if thy make the anorak also in cotton preferably ventile cotton.

I did a lot of searching and only found a company called Pinewood in the UK but also in Denmark and they seem to manufacture synthetics but didn't find that they produced anoraks etc. themselves.

Here's are some pictures of the anorak:

anorak1.jpg

anorak2.jpg

anorak3.jpg

anorak4.jpg

For about 55 BP it's a nice one if it had been made of ventile cotton ;)

Should have just typed www.pinewood.dk I would have found it myself ! THANKS"

However I can't see that they make it in cotton/poly or even /ventilecotton :(

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera :pack:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi Bagheera...

As far as I can see, it's made in microfiber. It's 100% waterproof and definately windproof. I was just about to buy this anorak for 1 year ago, but bought an M65 instead. If you're in doubt about material then here's a mini-dictionary:

Polyester - polyester
Cotton - bomuld
Wool - uld
Synthetic - syntetisk

Cheers :wink: :biggthump

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Viking and TheViking,

Thanks for the info, I love the design, but don't like that it's manmade fiber, I would get a fit when I would burn an hole in it when some sparks from a fire landed on it.

I wish my wife would love sewing, she could make an anorak for me following the Pinewood as 'model' from ventile cotton.

Buks = pants ;)

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
You could also try a company called Country Innovations. They supply single and double layer ventile jackets and other general outdoors type kit. Its a bit expensive but I think they will last a lifetime!

From the news section it looks as though they are bringing out a new jacket called the Kestrel Smock which seems to be similar to your Dutch Army jacket (ventile outer with water proof lining) but will be plain green and should be more reasonably priced.

They don't have all their products on the website so it's best to download the brochure.

Hope that helps :?:

Beer Monster

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Thanks guys,

That Swedish Norrona "anorak" jacket is so nice but expensive, they also have an real anorak which is a little less expensive but still costs a good amount of money.

The Hilltrek company also sells an ventile single layer anorak called "Braemar Windshirt" which looks very nice and costing only 50% more then the Pinewood Anorak I saw on the Dutch website.

Thanks agian, best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Hello Viking,

Sorry about the "mixup" I stand corrected Norrona is a Norwegian company which is kind of good as I have an Norwegian colleague who could take stuff from them with him to our office when he visists us :)

I love Fjallraven but their clothes sell for premium prices in the Netherlands and you have to really try their pants as sizing and fit varry between the different models they sell.
I once wanted a certain model G1000 pants and they fit on the waist perfectly but my thighs were squeezed tight in them :(

Since then I found outdoor zip-off pants for 7 BP from cotton/poly with teflon impregnation and they fit great, reject dirt and when dirty clean very easy and sparks don't melt holes in them, the ideal budget pants. The only drawback the "supermarket" selling them only does this 2-3 times a year.

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Boaty,

boaty said:
Do you get them from Aldi by any chance?

Right on, yes Aldi it is.

Their folding saws are also very good and for less then 3 BP they are cheap , want a spare blade? just get a second folding saw and you'll have a spare grip for free :eek:):

Best Scouting wishes,

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i got lifeline BDU trouwsers for € 6 at favoriet. I saw those zip off trouwsers at aldi too, but i hate that zipper ! atleast the one i have owned ( not the aldi one ) is rubbing against my legs all the time. Aldi has other nice things too, i got a "multitex" jacket ( the got the rain kit in multitex now in holland), coolmax shirt and coolmax socks from them.

Praxis is selling waterproof breathible anoraks too, but in the wrong colors...

chrisvreugd

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2005
Netherlands
hi, I live in the Netherlands to, and was also looking for a jacket/anorak, and I also found the pinewood anorak. But in the description is written that it can handle thorns and sparks

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
Ventile is not cheap, but it is great stuff.
The Snowsled Classic Smock is a great pattern. Snowsled will let you choose pocket configurations, so you could have a chest "map" pocket and a zipped tunnel pocket lower down. That would be a similar design to the Pinewood smock that Bagheera has pictured. The Classic comes with elasticated cuffs as standard, but they will add velcro closure cuffs for a small surcharge.
I don't know about the zipped sides that give access to a sheath though...

Snowsled Classic

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE