Comrie Croft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
If it's okay I'll try to pop in and introduce myself to people I only live round the corner, or two, but have other things on this weekend.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I'll be packing up tomorrow morning. Hopefully after seeing someone about a building problem I have first. Then food shopping (sorry beer I meant assuming its ok to have a drink or few on these things :D)

Got to leave on the sunday as off for a week in the hills of western highlands. Hope the weather gets better.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Still not left for Comrie. just called them and it seems they are stuffed full of people. I said I was hoping to join the Bushcraft group and they said that IF I was willing to pitch up next to them and IF I brought something small then I could get in.

So I guess my nice "big" 2 man 3 pole tunnel tent I use when camping from near a car is out and my tarp and bivvy is in. Still good practise for next week in Knoydart wilderness.

I do hope the people from here up there won't mind a non-snoring lanky git pitching up close to them!! Talk about being organised, first time going to a meet and I nearly don't get in. nothing like arranging things last minute. Well I am off now to pack the car, get some shopping and try to get up to Comrie before nightfall!! I won't be taking bets that I'll be kipping in my car in a layby, think that's odds on.

Have a good weekind everyonem, whatever you get up to.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Great big thanks to all who made it to Comrie this weekend. It was great to get away from it all for a couple of days.

I had a great time and it was nice to meet a few new faces and see old friends.

Hands are sore from that bloody bowl though! :D

All the best
Andy

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Bowl, what bowl?, i thought you were carving a swimming pool, that piece of wood was that big andy

Once again as Andy said, good meeting the usual crazies, i sometimes hope that as the years pass by they might calm down, but alas its not to be, one word sum you guys up, MENTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also nice to meet a few new guys, a big thanks to Paul B for making the effort to come all the way to Comrie when he had so far to go onto, Knoydart.

Big thanks also to Mary for making the effort to save my knees and bringing me a few (well about 2,000 really) ultralight storage containers for my lightweight hikes.

I'm sure everyone would also like to pass on their thanks to George at Comriecroft for all his hard work in making Comrie croft one of the best campsites in the country and also one of the most welcoming and friendly places i have pitched my tent at. Good luck George on your forth coming trip for 3 months to the Yukon.

Thanks too to Andy (everythingmac) for constantly bringing all the heavy forging equipment to all the meets for the past few years and congratulations on passing your exams mate, well done...

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Cheers to everyone who made it to comrie this weekend.
Here are a few pics
comriecroftmay2011028.jpg

comriecroftmay2011027.jpg

comriecroftmay2011026.jpg

comriecroftmay2011020.jpg

comriecroftmay2011015.jpg

comriecroftmay2011014.jpg

comriecroftmay2011010.jpg

comriecroftmay2011005.jpg

I set up in the woods just off the top field ,and what a woodland it is !
comriecroftmay2011048.jpg

comriecroftmay2011034.jpg

comriecroftmay2011045.jpg

comriecroftmay2011043.jpg

comriecroftmay2011054.jpg

comriecroftmay2011053.jpg

comriecroftmay2011051.jpg

comriecroftmay2011050.jpg

comriecroftmay2011046.jpg

Jason

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
You're just teasing me with those pics Jason, I'm definately NOT missing the next meet, which needs to happen soon.

Looks like you guys had fun though and saw a few air guitar shots, are your knees bruised without your drum Tam? :lmao:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Your right Scotty, you saw a lot of air guitar going on, you even missed our Tams rendition of AC/DC with his clothes thrown to the 4 winds, sobered me up quickly that did, but it was really funny if im being honest mate. Only thing missing was the Jaegermeister, although Ally did bring his 160% proof absinthe, not good let me tell you, although like all the other trips it was completely finished by the end of the weekend. A good laugh a usual. Im sure we will catch up at the next meet.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
How about a bit of surfing then some half naked air guitar finished off with Richie on the pipes !
032vor.jpg

050vo.jpg

063xp.jpg

I was only up for the Friday night as i had to get back to do family stuff , but i had a great time thanks again guys and as col said yer all MENTAL !!!!

Craig..........

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Aye, it was good to meet friends old and new. Shame about the weather though. Cameron enjoyed himself.

comrie3.jpg

Trying to put a parachute up in a howling wind is fun (not).

comrie5.jpg

comrie4.jpg

comrie6.jpg

comrie12.jpg

comrie2.jpg

comrie9.jpg

comrie1.jpg

comrie10.jpg

We'll be back for the next one.

Eric

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Aye Richie was cracking on the pipes eh!

It was great to meet some new faces!

I don't think anyone will forget Tam and Ally "dancing". lol.

George liked the wee knife I made up for him. Hopefully it will serve him well.

Jason - you're not wrong mate - it could quite easily be a swimming pool by the the time I finish it!

Atb
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE