Comrie Croft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Not be the same without you Scotty! but at least without you and your jaegermeister, we can finally get round to that bible class we have alway planned followed by the morris dancing and flower arranging. Now that i think about it, you really are a bad bad influence on us mate.....:lmao:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Denise and me might indulge in a spot of the old fire birling, but Morris dancing ?:yikes:

M

Tee Hee, im sat here laughing, picturing you morris dancing at Comriecroft, of course you would need your backing dancers, how about a dozen Russ clones dressed as in his Darth Vader cloaks, draped in bells and flowers.....

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Tee Hee, im sat here laughing, picturing you morris dancing at Comriecroft, of course you would need your backing dancers, how about a dozen Russ clones dressed as in his Darth Vader cloaks, draped in bells and flowers.....

I thought that was the exclusive domain of the Bushmoot naughty corner.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
See when you're all sitting round the fire, freezing your (well I'm supposed to be a lady :eek: but it rhymes with bottom) off, and that wee shiver creeps in at the back of the legs and shudders up the spine to the back of your neck ? You'll be wishing you had Russ's cloak on then :D and once it's all warmed up at the fire, it's a brilliant blanket too.

Besides, his is quite discreet, you should see Graham_S in his Shepherd's cloak :D Now that's a scary sight to meet in a woodland, he's a big fellow, Graham :)

No no, I don't do the Morris Dancing, not even a la Pratchett, but we'll bring along the fire poi sometime when we know you're all sober enough to spin them and not end up like Roman Candles :) Great fun on an icy cold clear night :cool:

M

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I thought that was the exclusive domain of the Bushmoot naughty corner.

You're going to the Moot this year, aren't you ? :D

They don't do skyclad, but so far I've seen aliens, pirates and I've forgotten whatever else, in the Naughty Corner.......and I still haven't found a bolt of tartan for the Scots for this year :eek:
"The roving band of disposessed Feral Scots", quote from Mad Dave at the Mod's meeting, where he complained that the Scots had taken over Naughty Corner :yikes:

M

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Oooh! Could make a nice stop off on way to Knoydart? What do you think? how do you get to join in? Never done a BCUK meet so have no idea how they work.

I'm off for a backpack next week round Knoydart and thinking of going up saturday or sunday depending on whether I can get everything sorted tomorrow afternoon so I can leave on the saturday. Could I come up and perhaps drop in on the saturday or should I have already booked and payed up??

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Oooh! Could make a nice stop off on way to Knoydart? What do you think? how do you get to join in? Never done a BCUK meet so have no idea how they work.

I'm off for a backpack next week round Knoydart and thinking of going up saturday or sunday depending on whether I can get everything sorted tomorrow afternoon so I can leave on the saturday. Could I come up and perhaps drop in on the saturday or should I have already booked and payed up??
Nope just pop in !

Jason

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland

Just turn up and say hello, everyone went to their first meet at one point, and im sure i speak for everyone when i say that you will be made most welcome, one good thing the Scots do is hospitality, so come along and join in the fun...

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Am I correct in saying one way to get there is to head north from Callender and taking a right turn on a main road before the killin turn off. Its somewhere down there a fairly nice looking camping, hostel site.

Also can I expect to find you lot in the woodland area? Perhaps with aa fire going?? Do they allow fires anywhere or are there particular places for them??? What about fuel for a fire??

So many questions but I guess I will have to answer them by popping round. had thought I would stop off part way up to Knoydart but had hoped it would be further north perhaps Spean Bridge area but Comrie Croft and a chance to meet people from here. Put faces to posts as they say. Friday night might be my last post or not depending on how dodgy you lot are or not. Really looking forward to my hols. Even if it is expected to be very high humidity (raining)!!

So, which one of you will be the most obvious bushcrafter? Just wondering who is likely to be the person most likely to be spotted as someone from here?? No offence meant.

The other question is... beer or whiskey?? (Wine for the ladies!!). :D

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
You cant miss us we will be sitting under one of these

Glentrool2011034-Copy.jpg

Jason

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well look out for a tall guy pitching a tarp. If the weather is good I'll be the guy with all the midges in the area surrounding me. If the weather's bad I will be happy as there are no midges nearby. :D

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Well look out for a tall guy pitching a tarp. If the weather is good I'll be the guy with all the midges in the area surrounding me. If the weather's bad I will be happy as there are no midges nearby. :D

Will do ! I hope you dont pitch your tarp near Barn owl he snores like a buzz saw !!!:lmao::lmao:

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE