Cold weather bivvy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
At the end of the day guys I just want everyone to enjoy the weekend, if that means using a tent, no ones going to complain. It is supposed to be bivvy only but do what have to do to get the most benefit :)

Now I feel bad there's no way I'm sleeping in the tipi. I'll just set it up and try the stove to make sure my heatshield is adequate to stop the tent melting. Plus I want that knife of yours Gray lol.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Now I feel bad there's no way I'm sleeping in the tipi. I'll just set it up and try the stove to make sure my heatshield is adequate to stop the tent melting. Plus I want that knife of yours Gray lol.
I know you want it bad dont ya haha, it is a lovely little knife though :)

There will be a competition each weekend with a decent prize at the end of each one,wont be rubbish prizes like hexy blocks or a bottle of meths lol

Last edited:

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Hmmmmm. Might try and call in on my way back from the lakes. Where is there to park? I might have the prospector strapped to the roof and I wouldn't want to leave it unattended long. :canoe:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
What's the water situation here, Gray? I don't carry much as a rule but top up at every opportunity. I see there's a couple of streams, a farmhouse and a pub. There's probably a tap at the station too. Which, if any do you use or do you bring enough in for the duration?

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
What's the water situation here, Gray? I don't carry much as a rule but top up at every opportunity. I see there's a couple of streams, a farmhouse and a pub. There's probably a tap at the station too. Which, if any do you use or do you bring enough in for the duration?
I usually take a gallon with me to be honest, if everyone takes some there will be enough I'm sure. I can see what your thinking but I wouldn't worry, i'll bring an extra couple of liters

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Getting frantic about this now. Can't ruddy wait! I've got my exams just before it, so I'm forcing myself to settle down and make sure my revision comes first :p As to the water, I've got no way of really carrying any, short of a 2 litre water bladder from an old camelbak and a litre wide topped bottle. Always figured that I would just grab it from a stream if I ever needed water when I was backpacking it. Should I grab a gallon jug from gooutdoors or something?

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Getting frantic about this now. Can't ruddy wait! I've got my exams just before it, so I'm forcing myself to settle down and make sure my revision comes first :p As to the water, I've got no way of really carrying any, short of a 2 litre water bladder from an old camelbak and a litre wide topped bottle. Always figured that I would just grab it from a stream if I ever needed water when I was backpacking it. Should I grab a gallon jug from gooutdoors or something?

Yeah Im looking forward to it too.

You can get a 5ltr bottle of mineral of water at your local supermarket for a couple of squids :)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire

There'll be water to be had one way or another but it's probably a good idea to have a receptacle for it. Your old camelback bladder and/or a couple of big pop bottles will do. The pop bottles will roll up pretty small and stuff in your pack.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Right fellas, finally got round to posting some better pics of this months prize

9y3esane.jpg

ynera3am.jpg

dy3adudy.jpg

enu4e6e2.jpg

e6u3u2a8.jpg

qysypy7y.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE