Bushcraft skill share part deux

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have a great meet folks, I'm not going to make it unfortunately. When Carol says she wants to do something at half term I can't really bugger off and leave her for the weekend.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Geordie contingent still aiming too arrive Friday night

Greensurfingbear (orric), Vandeen (Vandeen) and toiletdigger (Jamie) should be there for about 2130-2200ish dependent on departure time from Newcastle and traffic (and if we get lost)

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Geordie contingent still aiming too arrive Friday night

Greensurfingbear (orric), Vandeen (Vandeen) and toiletdigger (Jamie) should be there for about 2130-2200ish dependent on departure time from Newcastle and traffic (and if we get lost)

We wont get lost..... we may just explore a few new roads

I have managed to sort out working through my lunchbreak so I'll get home 16:30 ish if you manage to get a flyer let me know.

Tilley sorted & packed + spares & a litre of fuel, appear to have overdone it with the veg again for the geordie casserole though, phesant legs, turkey trimmings, turnip, parsnips, carrots, onions, tatties, garlic + some rosemary & thyme if I remember.

Baked bananas & dark chocolate done in tin foil for afters, think I got nine nanas so should be enough puds for all and some veg spare for the others steak stew or whatever

So thats the day pack full with just one meal!!! the rest of my kit & food fits, baring the tilley, in my 65L pack with nothing strapped on the outside so far either.

Weather isn't looking fantastic so debating from what the OP said if to bring wellies as well!!!

May get a bit of the white stuff on Saturday too so may need to build a sledge to get Jamie out lol

See you all tomorrow.

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
Don't ya just hate it when getting away early for a trip depends on someone else? So today is a total loss. Plan to head off early (ish) tomorrow.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Concur. What a cracking weekend. It was really great to put faces to avatars :). Learnt some new skills and polished up some others, on a fantastic site.

Perrin finally slept in car on way home and headed straight to become I got home.

Orric

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi guys,aye it was a grand weekend,well it was,as when you guys left i took some of my kit to the layby,only to find that someone has stolen my trailer!!!. I phoned Galashiels police and they said that they were busy,so i had to give a statement at Hawick station instead. I,m not holding my breath though,about the chance of getting it back.
I had to get my old man to come over in his van,because our car is to small for all my gear,so i've just this minute got back in the house :rolleyes:.

Glad you all had a good meet.

Cheers Stuart.

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
Thanks for making me welcome. Sorry I missed most of Saturday. I think I'll start planning to arrive a day early, that way I might actually make the start of the next meet! Good company, food and libation.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
As Tam said ,dirty thieving gits .
Thanks for a great weekend even if i did go home to sleep .
Thanks to all those connected with Wooplaw , I'm looking forward to the green woodworking weekend in May or i might be back sooner .

Craig.........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE