bushcraft in shropshire ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkJohnson

Jan 7, 2013
Shropshire
Hey all, just discovered this site, and getting to know my way round it now... Would be very interested in meeting up as Im Ironbridge based.
Im a neebie to bushcraft, still learning the rope, but very keen =0)

Hugely

Jan 24, 2013
Dudley
Hi Mark,im just getting back into all this sensible stuff after too long away,i live in Dudley but talk properly,any messing you fancy doing let me know ,lets play up and learn stuff,Colin

treebloke

Tenderfoot
Are we going to have a Shropshire meet this spring? May would be good for me.

We certainly can but I would suggest May is nearer summer than spring:cool:.

I was walking through the wood today in the rain and the ground is extremely wet as you would expect but there are place's where the water comes up out the ground like a burst water main.

Snowdrops are out and the wild garlic is on it's way. Not sure how the trout will have fared in the river after the amount of water thats past through over the last 10 months. There are many fallen trees but due to the wet conditions they will have to wait.

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
We certainly can but I would suggest May is nearer summer than spring:cool:.

I was walking through the wood today in the rain and the ground is extremely wet as you would expect but there are place's where the water comes up out the ground like a burst water main.

Snowdrops are out and the wild garlic is on it's way. Not sure how the trout will have fared in the river after the amount of water thats past through over the last 10 months. There are many fallen trees but due to the wet conditions they will have to wait.

Sounds damp !!! You're right, May is early summer but things are very full up to then although I might have a day or two in March. See you at North wood in a couple of wks, hopefully others too ... chat ?

harris_21741

Aug 21, 2012
stourbridge
Hi.
Can I start by saying that i am relatively new to bushcrafting, I have been interested for a couple of years but have only attempted the practical side of it a couple of weeks ago, at WoodsMan Bushcraft and would like to practice what I have learned and develop my skills further.
I put in a search for meets in the Midlands and this thread popped up.
There seems to be a few of you in my neck of the woods, im located in Stourbridge. So are these meets invite only? Or are they open to any one? And does that include newbies?
Please excuse my ignorance on this, I would greatly appreciate your advice regarding this matter.
Cheers, Rob.

Elen Sentier

I realy think if you catch you should cook it for the rest of us, I can light the fire.

So do I ... in fact you'd better catch 2 or 3 :D. I'll bring some super bread to go with.

I'm definitely not going to be able to make it until May - have another foot op on Monday so it'll be at least 6 wks after that, and at end Apr I go to Northwood. I'm going to the Bushcraft Show at the end of May but in between ??? Do hope we can get it together ...

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... i am relatively new ...

Don't worry about it. :) Welcome to BCUK!

... located in Stourbridge. So are these meets invite only? Or are they open to any one? And does that include newbies? ...

The meets are usually very informal, and they vary in character, Some meets are at commercially run premises, some at for example Scout sites, some on land owned by one of the members as in this case.

The site owner ('Treebloke') will no doubt pop up and introduce himself to you at some stage but he's a busy man so in the meantime read a few of the meet threads to get a feel for the sort of thing that goes on.

treebloke

Tenderfoot
Had a walk along the river today and the winter floods have certainly changed things a bit, many old trees which had fallen and formed bridges which the badgers and others used have gone, there is a dam which never used to be there and I have found a wooden footbridge and also a golf ball embedded in the bank, you can just make it out in the 2nd pic.

bridge.jpg

golf ball.jpg

The garlic is on it's way and you can smell it before you see it.

Found some paw prints along the river which are about the size of a cat but there are no cats in the area so not sure at the moment what that is.

Quite a few Muntjac about and the badgers have been busy clering out the sett ready for spring.

Lots of fallen trees but these are mainly the dead or weaker ones.

If anyone would like I should have time after easter for a weekend meet

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
I would love to join you after Easter, The wild Garlic was just showing it's leaves here at the weekend abit of promise for some warmer weather.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... there is a dam which never used to be there ...
Found some paw prints along the river which are about the size of a cat but there are no cats in the area so not sure at the moment what that is.

Maybe you've got beavers now? :)

If anyone would like I should have time after easter for a weekend meet

I'll be up for that, depending on dates and work and family and ... well, you know how it is.

Elen Sentier

:(:(:( the surgeon just told me I'm not to drive for another week (or wear my boots!) ... that means I'm not (again !!!) going to make it out to you this w/end. This is getting boring! He's thinking again next week so I'll have to wait and see. Hope you all have a great time and wish I was going to be there :sadwavey:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE