Bush Tucker Man

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

Bazman

Hi guys, just had to tell some one, ive just recieved to 2disc DVD sets featuring les hiddins the bush tucker man, so I now have two of the original 3 seris that was run on BBC1 when i was at school many years ago now :D

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
Hi Bazman, do you mind me asking where you got them from? Used to really enjoy those bushtucker man programmes, cheers, Mark

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
what happened to old les? i remember seeing it on telly a couple of years back. he must be like 70 odd now?! is he dead :S?

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
kram245 said:
Hi Bazman, do you mind me asking where you got them from? Used to really enjoy those bushtucker man programmes, cheers, Mark

Try EzyDVD at: www.ezydvd.com.au

They have:

Bush Tucker Man (first series, I think)
Bush Tucker Man - Stories of Survival

Or even the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) website at:

http://www.abc.net.au

and search the ABC Shop.

As far as I know, the second series of the original programme is not yet available on DVD (shame on you, ABC!). If anyone knows different, please let me know as I currently only have it on video.

H

Harry 047

Les as far as I know is still alive, ex vietnam vet , puts him in his mid to late fifties.
Harry

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
Thanks Mikey, i've an uncle who lives in Oz , who is visiting the Uk at Easter, think i'll get him on the case, cheers, Mark

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
fred gordon said:
I have quite a lot of the programmes on video. What was in the second series? :rolleyes:
Series 2 was 8 episodes: Wildman, East to West, Kimberley, Wet Season, Top End, Desert, and Coastal. As far as I know, these are not available on DVD, dammit! My videos are starting to get knacked from overuse!

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Me and a couple of pals were talking about the Bush Tucker man the other day.

Now they are DVD's I'd like to get my hands on! Found this link might be of interest which in turn has some external links including an interview in 2004.

Les Hiddins

P

B

Bazman

hi guys , the two i have are from arnhemland to the kimberley ranges and the other is stories of survival, i got them from the ABC site and delivery was extremely quick :D

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Mikey P said:
Series 2 was 8 episodes: Wildman, East to West, Kimberley, Wet Season, Top End, Desert, and Coastal. As far as I know, these are not available on DVD, dammit! My videos are starting to get knacked from overuse!

Stream them to mpeg4 burn them to DVD :D

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
You can see where Ray Mears gets a lot of his inspiration from, great stuff.

What cup is he using looks like the Aussie version of a crusader.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Bhod said:
Series 1 Episode 1 is on Youtube if anyone wants to watch it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oibqEODU1eo

Just a note of caution: where do we stand legally on this? I'm not sure youtube has the legal right to stream other people's programmes without copyright. I remember there was a heated discussion on these sorts of things about 6-9 months ago and the Moderators were heavily involved.

However, I can't remember what the decision was! :rolleyes:

By the way, I emailed ABC just to see if they were planning to 'DVD' the second series - they just wrote back and said I cold buy the first series and 'Stories of Survival' in the ABC Shop. Hmmm...not helpful.

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Mikey P said:
Just a note of caution: where do we stand legally on this? I'm not sure youtube has the legal right to stream other people's programmes without copyright.
Why the note of caution? no laws have been broken by either watching it or supplying the link to where it may be watched, it's in the public domain.
I remember there was a heated discussion on these sorts of things about 6-9 months ago and the Moderators were heavily involved.
Probably started by some overzealous wannabe forum post nazi

However, I can't remember what the decision was! :rolleyes:
Search function perhaps?

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
My apologies - I was thinking of the sharing of pirated material, which has been discussed a few time previously (for example: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=15999&highlight=copyright)

Mind you, if 'youtube' are making copyrighted material available on the internet (a broadcast media) - which is expressly forbidden without permission from the owner - then the legalities are still a grey area, are they not?

Anyway, I'm no lawyer, I was just wanting to make sure we didn't damage the site by doing something dodgy.

Oh, and by the way - can I assume you weren't referring to me as a nazi?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE