Broadheads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Snufkin said:
Stripping sinew is character building isn't it :rolleyes: . Being metal it doesn't have to wrapped with sinew. You could use linen thread then varnish it to protect it.

You're right, I could use linen and varnish, but I wanted to experiment with sinew...and here is the result...

DSCF5059copy.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
stovie said:
You're right, I could use linen and varnish, but I wanted to experiment with sinew...and here is the result...
:eek:

That really is fantastic work Stovie - well ...I'm impressed!

Red

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Dave Budd said:
Heavy man. Nice work :)

the next step is to forge socketed broadheads. they're much stronger and lighter too ;)
]

Problem is, unless you get the sockets spot on, they just dont look right...they tend to look agricultural...

I'm pleased with the tanged efforts, and the weight difference is minimal...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Fantastic photo Stovie!

Needs a bit of Clannad playing!

When you need to make a few bob, I'll buy an ELB set from you with those Broad heads!

Just be a wall hanger though so probably a waste :(

Red

D

Deleted member 4605

Note to self: must stop reading Stovie's archery threads.

After I read this one I just had to go and shoot a few arrows. Made myself a a finger guard and an temporary (and rubbish) arm guard on the way out door. Took my time, had a few goes at targets - was pleased with my groupings - and then shot some in the field to see what sort of distance I could get. Eventually convinced myself it was time to come in, only to realise I had to pick the kids up in five minutes! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE