Birch Bark on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Another revamp, carved the original Birch spoon a long time ago and its been sat in a shrink pot on the shelf looking back at me for a long, long time, and the time i'm thinking, "don't like it, bowl is too long, too thick, wrong shape", i was going to turn it into a fork, but i can't get to my workshop at the moment, so it got turned into a bark on tea spoon.

It's still not brilliant, but it passed an hour or so whittling it down, the original is on the left, the revamp on the right in the below photo, I reshaped the bowl, thinned it slightly, reshaped the handle in both top and side aspects and carefully carved away the harsh straight edges on the handle and blended them into a much more pleasing shape and feel.

I might still take the bark back from the edge of the bowl, there again i might not, will see how the mood takes me.

(Steve, i remembered the before and after shots :cool: )

53262524271_209d09c8d7_c.jpg

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers all, really must find something else to carve, can't keep going through my box of spoons and altering them all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE