Bombs in London

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
I suggest text rather than phone calls to check if friends and family are alright.
Better not to tie up the lines for longer than necessary, conversations can wait until later.

Good to see many of our friends here on the forum coming back to say they are Ok.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Interesting thought - the press made a big play of the fact that met officers where all being sent up to police G8 I wonder if this contributed too it - less police = less eyes on the ground = less protection.

Wouldnt be the first time the press have done it either!

But thats a by the by - my family are all safe and for that at least I am glad - again my sympathies go to those injured and the families of the dead.

May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group not previously been heard of.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

66a.gif
In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."
99a.gif

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I know politics isn't allowed but lets face it, it's not a subjective opinion that terrorists are sick in the head, it's objective and should be. My country is on the list as the next target if we don't pull out the troops in Irag and Afghasillystan.

So far we have had 7-8 empty threats, but you know it's like with the boy who screamed on about the wolf coming, but it never came and when he needed help, the growen ups didn't come because he had been lying all the other times. This time it's for real and the security level will probably be a little lower than in the start. Well in theory anyway.

I could say my opinion on terrorists and such, but I would probably get moded.

ssj

Forager
Jan 7, 2004
Colorado, USA
My best to those affected (which would be most of us) by this tragedy. Don't forget but also don't make decisions in the heat of the moment. Retribution demands cold, hard logic.
Steve

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
My best advice in response to today's events, is compassion for those who have come to harm and the application of cool logic and reason in dealing with the problem.

Anger and outrage are understandable but inefficient and serve only to give terrorism the fuel to burn on and on.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
FruitBatInShades said:
The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group not previously been heard of.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

66a.gif
In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."
99a.gif

It saddens and depresses me when a group of nutters hijacks a religion (ANY religion) for their own evil uses.
They want to cause conflict.It is up to all of us not to let them get their way.

Now,back to Bushcraft :)

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
FeralSheryl said:
compassion for those who have come to harm and the application of cool logic and reason in dealing with the problem.

Anger and outrage are understandable but inefficient and serve only to give terrorism the fuel to burn on and on.

Agreed

Originally Posted by BorderReiver
Now,back to Bushcraft

....Agreed.

and again

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Viking said:
But in a time like this I must say I am happily surpised how calm evryone seems to be. I guess you don´t break the british that easy.
People are not calm.... its just the mods are doing a good job of deleteing all the racist anti arab/muslim/imagrants post from here.... as they will not be tolerated... please take these post to other forums.

Thanks

Ed

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
But in a time like this I must say I am happily surpised how calm evryone seems to be. I guess you don´t break the british that easy.

London has dealt with a lot of terrorist attacks over the past 30 odd years !
although the acts both sadden and anger me , i think Viking has hit the nail on the head . Our stiff uper lip WILL prevail .
Max respect for the emergancy services , and thoughts with those affected .
Pumbaa

Red , White and Blue .
Take a good look ,cause these colours dont run !!

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Ed said:
People are not calm.... its just the mods are doing a good job of deleteing all the racist anti arab/muslim/imagrants post from here.... as they will not be tolerated... please take these post to other forums.

Thanks

Ed

Now I was not thinking about this forum, what I was thinking about was what I have seen on the news. How people that has survived and people nearby all are very calm.

Here in Gothenburg (Sweden) people get paniced when we get 1 cm of snow. But people on the streets seem to be very calm.

There is a BIG thing over here also, and much is happenign here also. There are 40.000 swedes living and working in London.

tanto

May 29, 2005
Sweden
Heard it on the radio while at work. Its horrible and just incomprehensible for someone like me to understand the horror and suffering that the people have to go through.

I will leave out any politics as its just a rat race. I care for the people but dont give much for politicians or their henchmen.

My thoughts and meditation goes to all of our sisters and brothers that are affected by this horrible act of terror.

Best Regards

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
I could never find just cause for our participation in the invasion of Iraq and, via democratic means, I petitioned my MP to that effect. The fact that I am free to protest against the decisions of my government, to vote them out of office if they underperform, and to have a democratic voice in Europe is a truly precious thing.

I will ever stand fast in the defense of democracy. I will always use my voice to move governance towards the fair treatment of all peoples, here and abroad.

We live and work in London and will be at work tomorrow.

Vince & Tina

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Vince,

Glad to see you and Tina are ok, I was just about to pm you (lame I know but what else could I do?) to see if I could find out if you were both ok.
I knew you were both in London and was rather worried about you...again, so glad you both are well.

All,

This isn't a time for politics or rants, it's a time to stand tall and stay calm, they can't win and we can't be oppressed, that is not in any doubt...but most of all it's a time to reflect on the poor people that are directly involved and my thoughts are with them and their families.

I think all of our thoughts are with them.

Bam.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
bambodoggy said:
This isn't a time for politics or rants, it's a time to stand tall and stay calm, they can't win and we can't be oppressed, that is not in any doubt...

Bam.

Bambo

The pernicious cancer that trails in the wake of terrorism is helplessness borne of the fact that the victims have nothing to strike back at. I would not term my earlier entry as either political or ranting. It is the minimum positive verbal response that affirms that terrorism will not change us. Our thoughts and prayers are also with all the familys affected.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Vince

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE