BCUK Wild Weekend!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
andyn said:
last time i saw Jon he came bounding over waving his axe around....Something to do with a leather sheath but i was too busy running away. :p

Glad the weekend went well. Come on Janie and Jon tell us what you gobbled up. :)

Probably........Carlingus Canus.......... :eek: ;) :lmao:

eeeeeek look how many posts I have 666 :eek:

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
A thousand apologies, I arrived Sat morn after leaving home at 0430 hrs you must have been out foraging when I arrived, I had a walk round and decided to pop back into Looe for a pint and a pasty and some bait. Well you know how it is in those pretty holiday destinations you always bump into someone you know . I did the pint turned into a reunion and I can just about remember turning in (crashing out) about 0330 at their holiday home. As no one was fit to get up till the Sunday afternoon I didnt think it was worth forageing anymore so I went home in disgrace hope you all had a good time. :sad6: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug
ps and I sat on me laptop and bent it.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
I Knew It!!!

I said to Jon that you'd be getting hammered in a pub somewhere :lmao: Classic. Sounds like you did about as much foraging as we did!!! :D

Glad you're OK and had a good time. Look forward to meeting you sometime!

j

PS You did miss a cracking roast lamb dinner :p

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Well come on then...........(big yawn) you've done loads of talking lets see some pics :D ...............Jonathan, Jonathan come on Mr camara man we want pics ;) :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Ok, some photo's.......

This is the view from the field we stayed in.........
dsc02652largema1.jpg

Leaving looe on a fishing trip...........
dsc02657largehr9.jpg

View of where we stayed, from the sea...........
dsc02661largetj8.jpg

And the results of our fishing trip..........
dsc02666largelj5.jpg

Janie doing the cooking, while I take photo's.
We had a leg of lamb with onion and garlic gravy, new potatoes, green beans, chunky carrots, butter squash (I think), washed down with a jug or two of fine ale, mmmmmmmmmmmm.
dsc02671largeub0.jpg

As you can see, its a beautiful part of the country and the weather was great.
Thanks again for hosting Janie...........
ps, is astra man still there ?.........

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Nice haul there folks. Im gutted I couldn't make it. Looks like plaice , flounder , pollock and Mackeral. What rigs / bait etc did you use? That lot should have fed you for the weekend. :D nice one. I've started my wildfood week
(from Sunday night) I had a fillet of bass, (Caught the weekend before last on the fishing trip )burdock root, and nettle tea. This morning I had blackberries for breakfast, and a mackeral from the freezer for tea which I caught in Gower when I was there on holiday a few weeks back. :drive: I've got no meat at all available from the wild and probably won't have time to get any due to the work crisis, but should have enough fish that I've caught myself in the freezer to last the week. I've just got to get out and get some green stuff and more roots/ nuts/ berries I've got plenty of teas and tisanes ready to go too. Is anyone else doing the whole week or am I on my jack jones? :confused: :( :eek:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
falling rain said:
What rigs / bait etc did you use? That lot should have fed you for the weekend. :

Erm, bait was tinsel and yes we ate really well............
Well done on your wild food week, so far mate, hope you find the time to go looking..........

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Jon Pickett said:
Don't you remember, we couldn't fit it in the boat............ :D
greatwhiteju9.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You wish Jon......... :Wow:

I imagine you mean the silver mackeral traces. They're good bits of kit, cheap and simple and despite the name take a fair few species. I've caught sea bream and small school bass on them before. I should have a bit of time to get out for a forage Jon, but really with work problems I could have chosen a better week to do this to be honest. I'll see how far I get. :D

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
I'm extremely sorry that I could not make it as I had expressed a huge interest and for me spent a fortune on kit.

I am registered as disabled and for the past fortnight have been convincing myself that I would be fit enough to attend but I wasn't. :(

I am really sorry that I could not come down to Cornwall and I hope you all had a wonderful time, the weather was fabulous and the fish were biting well I see.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
jason sears said:
sorry theres been a BIG mix up here got dates messed up with fenlanders do :( and tieing the knot sorry
What are you like........
Love is making your brain go to jelly................ :D

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
falling rain said:
Nice haul there folks. Im gutted I couldn't make it. Looks like plaice , flounder , pollock and Mackeral. What rigs / bait etc did you use? That lot should have fed you for the weekend. :D nice one. I've started my wildfood week
(from Sunday night) I had a fillet of bass, (Caught the weekend before last on the fishing trip )burdock root, and nettle tea. This morning I had blackberries for breakfast, and a mackeral from the freezer for tea which I caught in Gower when I was there on holiday a few weeks back. :drive: I've got no meat at all available from the wild and probably won't have time to get any due to the work crisis, but should have enough fish that I've caught myself in the freezer to last the week. I've just got to get out and get some green stuff and more roots/ nuts/ berries I've got plenty of teas and tisanes ready to go too. Is anyone else doing the whole week or am I on my jack jones? :confused: :( :eek:

So come on Nick, how did you get on?

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I did 4 days in the end as I didn't have time to go out foraging but had fish, fish soup made from bones head etc plantain roots, silver weed, burdock, various berries and rose hips and nettle and yarrow tea. :)

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
falling rain said:
I did 4 days in the end as I didn't have time to go out foraging but had fish, fish soup made from bones head etc plantain roots, silver weed, burdock, various berries and rose hips and nettle and yarrow tea. :)

Well done mate - it cant have been easy what with working and all. Did you go hungry?

j

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE