BCUK Wild Weekend!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Bigman said:
So it's on, good :D

There was a mention of 'no water' is there a standpipe from which a container can be filled?
No water on site, but I shall bring about 30 litres down with me which should keep us going for a while...........

Sep 12, 2006
london
Gutted would have been there with bells on but as I only foound you lot yesterday bit short notice not for me but the wife likes to have lots of notice if I'm going bush lol :D

keeping an eye out for an event or gathering soon....

rob

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Sorry Janie,

The Mars Bar delivery truck aint gonna arrive. Work and a need to pay my mortgage rears its ugly head.

Will be up for it next year though. Love the costal bushcraft stuff.
'Tis very annoying and I am miffed in the extreme.

Sandsnakes

:bluThinki :rant: :sadwavey:

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
No water on site - it really is just a field!

Is anyone coming by train? No moby signal on beach so need a rough idea if you need a pick up.

Drivers - Turn left a mile from Looe bridge towards 'Talland' & 'Portloe'. Follow the lane for approx 2 miles, past a campsite & church (both on left) as you round the next corner there is a small free beach car park on left (mind your exhausts in that one tho) or continue a little further and you can park on the road. Look out for a BCUK sign pointing to camping field.

Can anyone bring a fire pit / large BBQ for use in the field?

Anyone up for spot of mackerelling? I'll call the dude tomorrow to loosely arrange it, so let me know if interested.

See you soon!!

j

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Janie........Re the fire pit, can we not just dig out some turf and then reinstate it when we put the fire out.
I am certainly up for the fishing trip, and I don't mind donating my catch either.
Getting excited now, nearly time for a long drive.
If anyone wants a lift or picking up on route, give me a shout...........

S

snake

hi all
just a line to let you know that due to my ankle injury i will not be able to make the trip this time.
sorry regards snake :sadwavey: :sigh:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This is such a good idea for a meet up; I really hope it's a great success. I had planned to eat only what I foraged up here for the same time, but instead I'm off to Inverness for a wedding, a cruise on Loch Ness on the Jacobite Queen and an excuse to see if I can still fit into the bodice that goes with my arisaid :rolleyes: probably ought to have done the wild food this week :eek:

We are watching however, to see the photos ;) , and hear all about how you get on.

Have fun, best wishes,
Toddy

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
janiepopps said:
Umm Jon, dont think you'll be donating anything!!

You have witnesses :D

j
Yeah but, no but, yeah but, I will catch so many fish, I couldn't possibly eat them all, so I will have to donate...........

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Again I'm sorry about this, but we're really in trouble at work due to staff shortages and getting temps isn't an option as they need to do at least 2 weeks 'on the job' training to learn the 2 systems we use. (I'm at work now writing this :( ) I'm really gutted as I'd booked the time off and was really looking forward to it, but as I said my manager just about 'begged' me to do the work and offered double time on my hours and as I'm not the richest bloke in the world I really could do with the money.
I wouldn't call myself "chief coastal knowledge person " janiepopps, but I do know a little bit having grown up by the sea.
As the French say...........'Cest la vie' :dunno: and I really hope the weekend goes well. I'd love to do another one of these and hopefully will make it next time. ( anybody can arrange a meet-up you just have to be up for all that's involved in arranging one, and it can mean a bit of work) so thanks for doing this Janiepopps. I've done a few myself and know how it goes. We had someone drop out of the fishing but I understand things crop up unexpectedly.
I'll be starting my wildfood week this evening and let you know what I've been eating. Sorry again not to be able to make it.

janiepopps said:
FR!! You cant not come - this is your baby!! Totally gutted. Is it worth our putting it back to another w/e?

Blimey, from a utterly selfish point of view you were chief coastal knowledge person too. :eek: Jon, time to pack that leg of lamb me thinks!!

Now wheres that copy of of Food for Free :dunno:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Just got back after a 6 1/2 hr car journey and am now sitting in the bath (sorry too much information)
Janie..........Huge thanks for a wonderful weekend and well done for organising some perfect weather, the fishing trip, the field, the wild food ;) , your company etc.
I will put up some photo's tomorrow as I need to soak now, where did I put my duck.
ps......Bloodline, where were you, we got your note, we were worried for you, hope all is ok.............

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Jon Pickett said:
Just got back after a 6 1/2 hr car journey and am now sitting in the bath (sorry too much information)
Janie..........Huge thanks for a wonderful weekend and well done for organising some perfect weather, the fishing trip, the field, the wild food ;) , your company etc.
I will put up some photo's tomorrow as I need to soak now, where did I put my duck.
ps......Bloodline, where were you, we got your note, we were worried for you, hope all is ok.............

Your company was exceptional too. After all I could have been stuck in a remote spot with some nutter who owned a vast collection of axes, knives etc :lmao:

And yup, the wild food was pretty fine too. Never realised that the Carlingus Canus would be in fruit :D and the Baconus Buttius certainly was a welcome sight on Saturday morning!!!

Glad you got home OK!! Look forward to the next adventure... :eek:

ATB
j

PS Bloodline?? You OK??

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
And Jon is a axe weilding maniac............you were just lucky

last time i saw Jon he came bounding over waving his axe around....Something to do with a leather sheath but i was too busy running away. :p

Glad the weekend went well. Come on Janie and Jontell us what you gobbled up. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE