Bartering what you got!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I want to start a thread here as to what items you have or need and lets do a bit of bartering could be items you need or sell your labor for items you need...
so lets get started..lets make this 1 year after things become critical...
==============================================
I have 1/2 a hindquarter of deer will trade for 12 rolls of TP

also have a GPS batteries are charged still good trade for whatever...

I have for trade 5 lbs of seed peas I want allot for this item....

also have 2lbs of popcorn seed I want lots for this item....

have 5 rabbit skins hair on tanned before the crash for trade

have 1 bear rug professionally mounted done before the crash Nice, for trade...

wanted items: automobile gas - booze - Rum - Scotch - home brew - beer

wanted automobile gas: must still be good will trade off wife for one year of slave labor only for large quantities of good gas...(harsh reality yes! depends on how bad things have gotten) (I don't have kids to trade their labor for stuff.)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Hmmm, you don't have anything I want Bill. I don't need meat, have peas coming out my a**e, Can't think of a good reason to eat popcorn. Doubt if the GPS batteries will be any use if TSHTF as there may not be any GPS systems working.

I'm surrounded by rabbits so don't need skins except the ones I do myself, A bear skin might be useful but I doubt it.

Petrol I don't care for and can't supply as I just use diesel.

You can keep your wife too as I have a nice one of my own. Sorry, can't think of a thing to trade.

Bill, I had no idea people in the colonies were so ill prepared. God help you if it happens for real. Even one year on you can do without topilet paper by using a sponge on a stick, make your own booze if you really need a drink that much and think about diesel before the crash. You can make bio diesel from vegetable oil, ethanol and potassium hydroxide - all of which you can produce yourself. Get rid of your gas guzzlers and invest in a diesel pick up. Keep your wife and treat her with dignity - she'll be worth her weight in gold.

Eric (been properly prepared for years.)

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Eric, colonies really hurt some, but not me :D we were here waiting to keep you European alive and show what Thanksgiving was all about :lmao: :yo:

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
this is not a survivalist (the end of the world is nigh) forum Bill, this is a forum for bushcraft and primitive wilderness skills.

so its likley that most people here wont have a clue what your on about, including me

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
I know where you're coming from Stuart, but I can't be the only one on here who's interest in bushcraft was piqued by an interest in preparedness.
Bushcraft and surivalism aren't the same thing but there is a little crossover surely.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
This isn't my cup of tea either...if anything ever happens :rolleyes: then I'd like to think I can live from what I have in my mind....to me that is true survival and the reason I am doing the WEISS Course :)

I therefore have nothing to trade....sorry :lmao:

Bam. :)

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
For the first, I don't know what this thread really is about, joking or not? :confused:

2'nd, survival isn't about having stuff, it's about being ready to act. I have tried a few situations where a nice and shiny SAK wouldn't have been 2 cents worth, for example when I sat fire to a conifer. :eek:

cheers

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I've been thinking about this since I posted just now and have come to a conclusion..... if it ready was the end of the world (as we know it, with no more police, army or government) and we really needed to live like this then I have to say if it was a choice between my family not making it or you, then I'd slit your throat and take your stuff anyway.... harsh I know and I half expect this post to be pulled (I wouldn't take offence if it was :) ) but it's survival after all and if that's what it takes then that's what I'll do..... before you dismiss this thought think about how far you'd go to keep yourself and more so your family alive ;)

Bam. :D

(All of the above is of course hyperthetical...I'm not the violent type really and certainly don't mean this post to upset anyone :) )

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
Eric_Methven said:
, have peas coming out my a**e,
Eric (been properly prepared for years.)
hi :)
you shouldn't announce that on a public forum.... it's very rare, and come the big crash you'll find there'll be no place to hide if you're the only supply of fresh peas :D
Also, i only tend to find sweetcorn comes out of mine, which is, i'll admit, less rare, but i'd be happy to trade..

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
happy camper said:
hi :)
you shouldn't announce that on a public forum.... it's very rare, and come the big crash you'll find there'll be no place to hide if you're the only supply of fresh peas :D
Also, i only tend to find sweetcorn comes out of mine, which is, i'll admit, less rare, but i'd be happy to trade..

:lmao: :D :lmao: Brilliant imagery there.

Cheers,
Toddy

bambodoggy said:
I've been thinking about this since I posted just now and have come to a conclusion..... if it ready was the end of the world (as we know it, with no more police, army or government) and we really needed to live like this then I have to say if it was a choice between my family not making it or you, then I'd slit your throat and take your stuff anyway.... harsh I know and I half expect this post to be pulled (I wouldn't take offence if it was :) ) but it's survival after all and if that's what it takes then that's what I'll do..... before you dismiss this thought think about how far you'd go to keep yourself and more so your family alive ;)

(All of the above is of course hyperthetical...I'm not the violent type really and certainly don't mean this post to upset anyone :) )

I think that is why Bill is armed to the teeth Bambodoggy, you can steal his Beef Jerky from his cold dead hands and all that. ;)

As odd as this thread is I do like to play around with hypothetical scenarios.

OK, heres a good one. If civilisation was going to end tomorrow, what food item would you not want to live without??.

Heres another. If you only had space for you and one other person in your fallout shelter who would you choose and why???

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Even though I don't believe that Bill made the right approach for this particular site, I believe that he is heading in an appropriate direction with this.

Barter isn't just used for survival needs. Bartering for needed goods and tools has been with us for hundreds of thousands of years. It happens daily in many so called 3rd world countries. Heck, it happens in my neighborhood, where I do a massage therapists windows for her once a month and she provides a massage every other week. I take another neighbor (elder) hog and deer meat when I have it and they share it with other elderly people in the area who have gardens and the wife and I benefit from their harvests. When I'm out of turkey feathers, there comes a knock on the door, like they know I'm needing some and I have a whole box of wings, that were traded for from another individual. It works well and doesn't require getting into the bank account on anyones part.

Preparing for unknown and seemingly trying times ahead is the responsibility of every man in my opinion. Bartering is a way of providing, whether in an emergency or for our regular day to day needs.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
bushbasher said:
I think that is why Bill is armed to the teeth Bambodoggy, you can steal his Beef Jerky from his cold dead hands and all that. ;)

As odd as this thread is I do like to play around with hypothetical scenarios.

OK, heres a good one. If civilisation was going to end tomorrow, what food item would you not want to live without??.

Heres another. If you only had space for you and one other person in your fallout shelter who would you choose and why???

Yer, I guess you're right but then we all have to sleep sometime :p and I agree totally about the bartering in normal life (as I say I'm not a homicidal nutter) but if it's a choice between my family dying and yours.... well, enough said.

And in answer to your questions:

Chocolet and Heather Graham (do I really need to state a reason for Heather? :D )....no question about either! lol :lmao:

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Saygo!!!! RA :You_Rock_ Good words to hear, community life is really the only true way of "surviving" get the strenght from each other as well as the protection. No one person can excel at all the skills needed so out come the blanket and we trade. Without my wife I'm only half of what I could be if even that. My family, my clan, my tribe are all in one :D :yo:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE