Badger Violence

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I dont think you did the right thing. (but that is my opinion)

Largeley becauseI think the law concerning badgers is unjust.

People should not be locked up over an animal.

Having said that, I think badgers should be protected.

and having said that badgers do a lot of damage, they kill livestock and pets, rip up gardens and totaly demolished a friends beehives.

Maybe the people concerned had a bad experience with badgers?

(which is of course nothing compared to those killed on the roads...slow down!)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Tengu said:

and having said that badgers do a lot of damage, they kill livestock and pets, rip up gardens and totaly demolished a friends beehives.

I am not oversentimental about animals, and in my opinion it is not the killing of animals that has caused the revulsion by members but the manner and pointlessness of the intended act.
I don't think it is the fact they would be breaking the law, though in this case the law can and should be used, it is more to me about the type of people who would want to carry out killing in the manner described need to realise that it is not cool, or a laugh before they become desensitised to everything so go further and further to get their kicks.

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
Tengu said:

Mods please close this thread before we get any more ridiculous comments like this!!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Is it wrong to say that people should be put before animals?

And as for desensitising, I think in one way your right, but what about the often very nasty stuff put upon TV?

I remember watching a kids cartoon with a friend, and laughing over the violence, and they said. "but its not funny in real life"
And I said "you are right, but if we `really truly` detested violence we would not be watching it even in a cartoon."

(I hope I put that clearly enough; its late and Im tired.)

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
Nemisis said:
Or type up a grid ref here i'm sure notice will get through to the right authorities and separate you completly
Dave.

just piccked up on this one, can't believe your suggesting putting a grid reference to a badger set on an open forum, why not take out a full page advert in the dailies " badger baiters required" meet at grid *****. .

SHEWIE. my advice call RSPCA & POLICE ASAP and look for new friends

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Tengu said:
Is it wrong to say that people should be put before animals?

In my opinion these "people" are nothing more than animals themselves.

It is one thing to put the life of a human above that of an animal if the humans life is in danger but to suggest that this violence against an animal for what appears to be fun is OK is sick.

Remember we are all on this planet together. IMHO we should not place ourselves above the natural world or seperate ourselves from it. Nature should be treated respectively. After all, thats what I thought bushcraft is about.

It is because of acts like this, and IMO the attitude in the quote above that this planet is in the mess its in :banghead:

Sorry about the rant but I can't really believe that this has come up. Thankfully, the person involved seems to have done the right thing so some good may come from the post. Also it is reassuring to see so many people as shocked as myself.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Tengu said:

Re-read the original post please.
It is not just the fact that it is badgers involved but the means employed.

Are we just feeding a troll here folks?

troll.jpeg

Benefit of the doubt I s'pose.
:240:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
After recieving a second request to close this thread, and having read some of the recent comments, I think it is time for it to be closed to further comment.

The original post was made, advice offered and acted upon in a manner which would seem to me in keeping with (almost) everyone's senitments.

Further discussion seems a little pointless.

No one is going and posting any grid references, so those that pointed out the problem with that, keep your hair on.

Tengu, might I suggest that you phrase your thoughts with more care. If you can't figure out why people here find what you say offensive and out of keeping, I really don't have the patience to spell it out for you. This is a quiet, friendly community, and you have just walked in and stuck your foot in your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE