Another staggeringly original title...Hello!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

charliefox

Forager
May 16, 2005
County Durham
Well, keep meaning to post in the intro section and never seem to get round to it.

I've been using the site for a couple of weeks now and have already had 2 or 3 of my daft queries answered by the ever helpful people at BCUK, so I thought it was about time I stepped out of the shadows and declared my interests, as it were!

My name's Chris, I'm 33 and I live in County Durham. I'm married with a son and work as a Paramedic in Cumbria.

I've never really thought of what I did as "bushcraft" until you-know-who got his mug on the TV on a regular basis in the last 10 years.

It started off with enthusiastic "den" building when I was about 6 or 7, passed through Cubs, the Cadets, a spell or two in Mountain Rescue and a bit of time in Africa.

I'm the lucky owner of one of AW's original Woodlore's and have the usual quantity of kit trying to escape from the cupboard under the stairs. The good thing about having piles of OD kit is it's easy to hide new acquisition's from certain people!

Other hobbies for the sake of amusing anyone who's strayed onto this thread include (in no particular order): fly fishing, sea fishing, motorbikes, astronomy, whisky, land rovers and photography.

I'm looking forward to thinking up some more obscure questions to tax you all with and hopefully being able to answer some for others.

Oh, last thing. I was lucky enough to attend Woodsmoke's "Trailbreaker" course this last weekend. What a wonderful bunch Ben & Lisa are; very knowledgable, enthusiastic and patient! A highly recommended course.

Anyway, best stop before it turns into a novel.

All the best
Chris

charliefox

Forager
May 16, 2005
County Durham
Gary said:
Hello mate - fancy meeting you here! lol!

Now I know why you never answer your phone - your always on the forum!

Anyway, you should be packing my order, not tarting about in the intro section - back to work! :D

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
charliefox said:
Now I know why you never answer your phone - your always on the forum!

Anyway, you should be packing my order, not tarting about in the intro section - back to work! :D

Thats done mate - slave driver!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE