Am I being thick or something ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Unless its this:

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :

Moot \Moot\, n. [AS. m[=o]t, gem[=o]t, a meeting; -- usually in
comp.] [Written also mote.]
1. A meeting for discussion and deliberation; esp., a meeting
of the people of a village or district, in Anglo-Saxon
times, for the discussion and settlement of matters of
common interest; -- usually in composition; as, folk-moot.
--J. R. Green.
[1913 Webster]

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
thats pretty much it, we took it from JRRTolkien's Lord of the Rings Trilogy where its use to describe a meeting of tree people called Ent's an EntMoot most of us round here like trees a lot.. there aint much else to it!

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Well that explains it, I have not read the Lord of the Ring in 18 years. (even though one of my colleagues took some convincing that it was more that just films :D)

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
clcuckow said:
Well that explains it, I have not read the Lord of the Ring in 18 years. (even though one of my colleagues took some convincing that it was more that just films :D)

:D
Probably my reputation (as far I've got one ;) ) will diminish to next to none :eek: when I tell I fell asleep during ALL three films ... :rolleyes:

Concerning the word "Moot" - you've aswered your own question (thumbs up ;)) - It's just a bunch of people (in our case with the same interest) who come together :eek: :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE