Alpkit suppliers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Just a quick question. Can you buy an 'Alpkit pipedream 600' sleeping bag from anyone except Alpkit online store? Oh and does anyone know how the Pipedream range compares to the Skyehigh range?
Thanks your time

Last edited:

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Not unless it is a private re-sale

The pipe dream is a different down mix, higher fill power, the bag has different dimensions and the fabric is, or at least was, different.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
so the pipedream is a higher ranger than the skyehigh/ better quality?

A better quality down in the Pipedreams, therefore lighter and more compressible, and more expensive

Great bags though, I have the full range of Pipedreams

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Are the pipe dreams water resistant?
I was intending on getting the pipe dream 600 for the winter. I'm a warm sleeper and between the 600, a base layer, a liner, a bivi and mat I think I'll be ok with that set-up to -10 if not more :D sadly they don't get restocked till January.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Are the pipe dreams water resistant?
I was intending on getting the pipe dream 600 for the winter. I'm a warm sleeper and between the 600, a base layer, a liner, a bivi and mat I think I'll be ok with that set-up to -10 if not more :D sadly they don't get restocked till January.

The Toray fabric they use is okay for light splashes, touching condensation etc, you wouldn't want to sleep out in the rain in one though.

The 600 is toasty at -10 for me, similar setup to yourself or even in the hammock with an underblanket

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE