A waterproof bushcraft jacket - but which?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Tiley said:
Has anyone out there tried one of the Swazi anoraks or jackets? Any thoughts/feedback?

Yep, I've got Tahr. A very well made garment, my only criticism of it is that has no hand warmer pockets.

A word of warning if you order one. There are two colour options, 'olive' and 'tussock green'. The olive colour is actually a dark, bottle green, and tussock green, is somewhere between olive and khaki. It's easy to tripped-up by this one if you assume that the olive is going to be...well, olive :D

Best regards,
Paul.

Jan 5, 2006
Cambridge
Klenchblaize said:

I have been looking at this jacket as well. (Fält Jacket). I have used Ventile, Gor, Event and others. I have not yet found any to be perfect. Ventile is high priced, heavy when wet and my early Gor Jacket delaminated. Event is the best I have found for light, fast trips. Walking or biking. I used a lot of Fjallraven kit years ago. Then it droped of the UK market, but it is back and can be found at a number of outlets. It is designed to do a good job. I would be interested to know how well it works.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Tony
Has the BCUK Jacket been posted in the open forums yet? I can't find it.
If not will any one have one at the Christmas moot to look at?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
No not yet. They'll go up after the weekend.

Yea, there will be a few at the Moot, I'm sure that people will let you try them on. I'll see if I've got a couple here to bring as well.

Cheers

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I received mine very promptly the other day. It has been pressed into 'mild service' and is utterly brilliant: well cut, beautifully made and well thought out. It has answered my original question and fulfilled all my expectations. Brilliant, just bloody brilliant!

Watch out, Tony - I reckon there'll be demand for these beauties!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE