a red faced hello from east anglia!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Hi all,
the red face is because i've never done an intro from myself, i've had a lot of kind replies to threads i have left even so, but feel its' time to say a little bit about myself. so here it is.

My name is Rob and i live in Kings Lynn, not born an bred here though, i'm originally from Kidderminster, which always hated until i relised i lived down the road from my idol Robert Plant, now, it rocks! (sorry couldn't resist!) i've also lived in somerset while studying fine art.
i don't get out nearly as much as i did as family life doesn't seem too condusive with lone camping at the moment, but hope to get back on the hill when my mate gets back from his travels. used to get out a lot in forests back home and down on the mendip and blackdown hills when in somerset.
i coarse fish and occasionally a bit of specimen fishing, would like to have a better go at predatory. i collect military load carrying and uniforms from ww2 upto about 1990 ish. my partner hates this as it stinks of surplus shop whenever i get a new peice, but don't you just love that smell!!??
i think i'm sort of caught in the middle between bushcraft and camping/survivalism, not so much into the crafts side yet though i can feel the urge getting stronger. very interested in basic hunting for small game and like to use what i kill, so enjoy going out with father in law hunting.

been into this subject for a few years after coming to it from a military survival aspect, getting more into the fun side of it now though and can't wait to get back on the trail!

cheers all, sorry it's late.
Rob

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Have to agree with that surplus smell. Brings back fond memories of SWAT magazine and adventures as a young un. Welcome to BCUK.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Ahoy an' welcomes fella....I went t' college near K'LYN.....Bircham newton....lol....Had many a drunken prawl in the town center there...hehe...ah...the memories o' youth...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE