231 Pound Alaska Halibut!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
One has to question why he kept it, especially given the offer of a buckshee trip for returning it. I'll bet most of it doesn't get eaten.

I expect he'll eat some personally but most will likely be sold on the market to pay for this trip. Alaska ain't cheap.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I would say it would be sold and eaten, but you would need a bloody great plate of chips to go with that.

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
I expect he'll eat some personally but most will likely be sold on the market to pay for this trip. Alaska ain't cheap.

Your likely right I hadn't considered that possibility. In the UK the boat could sell it, if it had a commercial fishing license, but as an individual here you wouldn't be able to sell rod caught fish (on quota) legally.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Your likely right I hadn't considered that possibility. In the UK the boat could sell it, if it had a commercial fishing license, but as an individual here you wouldn't be able to sell rod caught fish (on quota) legally.

That's true in some states here as well. Florida's one of them. But TBH most of the boats that take out recreational fishermen for a fee also have a commercial license.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I take a 9mm to Church.

But they're in Alaska, I expect they have something bigger aboard as well.

Thats a tough parish ;)
Would hate to "have" to carry a gun anywhere. Bad enough a set of keys, loose change and a penknife wearing a hole in my pockets. Not to mention a few lbs on my belt.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thats a tough parish ;)
Would hate to "have" to carry a gun anywhere. Bad enough a set of keys, loose change and a penknife wearing a hole in my pockets. Not to mention a few lbs on my belt.

TBH most of the time I leave it in the truck under the seat. I don't need it at Church as such. LOL. But I do have to get there and back as well as any other stops before or after the service (such as for Sunday breakfast or dinner or a movie, etc.)

My actual carry guns (when I carry on my person) at the moment are a rotation between a CZ83 and a Colt Detective Special. Both are a bit smaller and more concealable.

And you're absolutely right, it can be a pain.

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
TBH most of the time I leave it in the truck under the seat. I don't need it at Church as such. LOL. But I do have to get there and back as well as any other stops before or after the service (such as for Sunday breakfast or dinner or a movie, etc.)

My actual carry guns (when I carry on my person) at the moment are a rotation between a CZ83 and a Colt Detective Special. Both are a bit smaller and more concealable.

And you're absolutely right, it can be a pain.

More and more my daily carry has been my Ruger SR-22 and a couple of extra mags.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE