2011 moot, journey stopover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya,

after discussing this with a few of the North Wood regulars, we thought it would be a good idea to offer to open the wood to those who are travelling a long way to the moot, and would like to break their journey. we are centrally located within a couple of miles of the M6 J4, M42 J9 and the M6 toll road. the M1 and M5 are within 30 minutes drive.

our meet is normally the last weekend in the month, but im sure some of our regulars wouldn't mind the extra dates!

so, if theres enough interest in the form of names and dates on a list, we would be more than happy to accomodate those distant travellers!
heres a link to our last meet; http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70447&page=1

all the best

steve

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... we thought it would be a good idea to offer to open the wood to those who are travelling a long way to the moot, and would like to break their journey.

Like minds and all that :cool:

The RC July Meet 'sort of' coincides with the Pre-Moot course ~ if there's interest, it'll be extended to the Monday.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
That thought had crossed my mind. With us purposely scheduling Meets in alternating months I hadn't expected Steve to put an extra Meet on in July :eek: .

Technically, it's not a meet. It's just opening the wood with a couple of old hands present to give moot attendees an extra option or a fall back plan, should the need arise.

Just to clear that up...

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
neil is bang on, this isnt a regular meet.
in the absence of any other offers of a similar nature, it was offered purely as a stopover for those on the way to the meet, 4th august or possibly those on the way back, 10th august.

this gesture of goodwill on the part of North Wood Regulars was intended to maybe assist fellow bushcrafters with their journey, certainly not to disrupt the alternating flow of our respective regular meets.

steve

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
neil is bang on, this isnt a regular meet. <<<

That's as maybe but, given the RC July Meet has been sheduled for a good old while* did no one think to wonder (or ask) whether I might have considered doing something similar?

* For those not in the know, up coming North Wood and Rough Close Meet dates are in the stickied '12 months of Meets' thread.

>>> in the absence of any other offers of a similar nature

Like yourself I don't tend to run threads for multiple up coming Meets (it gets messy and confusing) and the last one was last weekend.

And really, regular Meet or not, given the proximity of the dates, how much effort would it have been to ask whether I'd got anything in mind?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE